Publish 87 was launched on all shards October 20, 2014.
Halloween – Treasures of Doom
Slaying monsters inside Dungeon Doom gives a chance for an Artifact of Doom to drop in the players backpack. The more monsters a player kills, as well as a player’s luck influence the chance at getting and Artifact of Doom.
Artifacts of Doom can be turned into the NPC at the research camp in exchange for,
- [Your Character’s Name]’s Lantern of Light
- Tincture of Silver – can be applied to weapons, spellbooks, and certain instruments to give a slayer bonus against creatures within Doom, while becoming vulnerable to undead.
- Antique Documents Kit – crafting ingredient required for the crating of “Prophetic Manuscripts”
- Reward Title Deeds – Usable deed that will grant the users various titles:
- The Atoned
- Defender of the Living
- Preserver of the Faith
- One of following equipment:
- Sterling Silver Ring features a special ability to add +20 skill bonus applied by double clicking the ring and selecting from the available skills
- Prophetic Manuscripts
- Craftable via the Inscription menu under “Other”
- Requires ancient parchments (10), wood pulp (10), antique documents kit (1), and beeswax (5).
- Failure will only consume ancient parchments, wood pulp, and beeswax.
- There are 5 different prophetic manuscript texts, randomly assigned when successfully crafted.
Treasures of Doom will be available for a limited time during the Halloween season, and recur with various tweaks in successive years.
Halloween – Trick or Treating
Three new monster skulls have been added to Trick or Treating! Trick or Treating will be available during the remainder of the month of October.
Enhanced Client Bug Fixes
- Switching to legacy containers no longer makes the contents invisible
- Fixed odd visible lines above the targeting window
- Vendor Search Gump now functions properly
- Container auto loot no longer breaks after you use it for awhile
- Disabled icons no longer prevent users from using spells/skills/actions on hotbar
- Advanced health bars are no longer locked by default
- Bug report window once again closes when submitting issues
- Advanced health bar properly changes hue based on health bar state
- Borders can once again be placed on hotbar items
- Buff/Debuff Icons now properly scale with bar
- Buff/Debuff icons no longer display over all UI elements
- Maneuvering the atlas around the world no longer will crash client
- Fixed long pause when opening containers
- Paperdoll window, target window, buff bars, and status bar can no longer go outside of the game window
- Default UI Scale is now set to 1 from 0.85
- Enable auto run is set on by default
- Main menu action is now on the hotbar for newly created user profiles
- All players who are currently flagged as Vice vs Virtue participants will have a one time reprieve and the flag will be removed.
- Non Vice vs Virtue players that find themselves in a VvV battle city will have a new option on the warning gump to teleport them to the nearest moongate.
- VvV participation flag for non-VvV players will now be removed after 2 hours, or the participant is killed by a VvV player, whichever comes first.
- The “Unwieldy” (Items with higher than normal weights) will no longer have a chance to spawn in MIB chests.
- The loot in MIB chests will now have a higher base budget for creating magic items.
- Some situations where traps and locks were being applied to containers inside of City & Justice regions will no longer happen. ((existing trapped and locked containers will not be affected until their traps and/or locks have been removed)
- Trade Quest crates will now be able to hold up to 550 stones and have 75% weight reduction.
- Silver points are no longer awarded to VvV players when occupying a city.
- VvV Cannon Turret cost has been reduced from 5000 to 3000 silver points.
- VvV Trap cost has been reduced from 500 to 250 silver points.
- VvV Mana Spike cost has been reduced from 2500 to 1000 points.
- VvV Mana Spike effect duration has been increased from 20 to 60 seconds.
- Trader Quest participants will no longer be able to sacred journey to a ship rune.
- Trade orders should no longer have a chance to include items with duplicate names
- Items inside a trade order crate will no longer be purchased by shop keepers.
- Spellweaving summons no longer cause a player to flag as a criminal when they are attacked by a VvV player
Update 1 - October 23
We have published the following adjustments to some issues with VvV and some client issues. These were published this morning with your maintenance cycles and the Japanase shards will receive it during their normal maintenance cycle this evening.
- VvV silver points awarded for kills, altar claims, and sigil returns has been increased by a factor of 5 for individuals and their guild mates, and a factor of 2 for non-guild mates.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the hidden player to be revealed along with all players around them.
- Japanese Clilocs
- Fixed Enhanced Client Skill Tracker on Siege
- Fixed Enhanced Client Issue when toggling between legacy grid containers and non legacy grid containers