Faster Casting is an item property that reduces the amount time it takes to cast a spell. The attribute is capped. Mages, Mystics and Necromancers use a maximum Faster Casting of 2. Characters that use Bard Masteries, Bushido, Chivalry, Ninjitsu or Spellweaving can have a maximum Faster Casting of 4. However, if a character possesses Magery or Mysticism at 70.0 skill or greater then Faster Casting is capped at 2 for Chivalry. Faster Casting makes you able to cast spells faster than normal.
For every point in Faster Casting you have, the casting time is shortened by 0.25 seconds. The casting delay is determined by the spell circle number and is given by 0.25 + spell_circle*0.25 seconds.
Faster Casting is normally a maximum of 1 and is only found on weapons, shields, rings, and bracelets.
Items with more than FC1 and items with FC1 that normally wouldn't have it:
- Arcane Shield (shield with both FC1 and SC)
- Boomstick (wild staff with both FC1 and SC)
- Chaos Shield - Museum of Vesper Replica (shield with both FC1 and SC)
- Djinni's Ring (ring with FC2)
- Helm of Swiftness (helmet with FC1)
- Luck Jewelry Set (ring and bracelet set with FC3)
- Ornament of the Magician (bracelet with FC2)
- Staff of the Magi (black staff with both FC1 and SC)
- Staff of Pyros (black staff with both FC1 and SC)
- Swords of Prosperity (daisho with both FC1 and SC)
- Venom (bracelet with FC2)
- Enchanted Coral Bracelet (bracelet with FC1)
In terms of game balance it seems reasonable to allow non spell-channeling, two-handed weapons to have FC2, since it would be the same as carrying one weapon and one shield, both with FC1 and without spell channeling, but no such item is known to exist.
The property can be imbued on weapons, shields, rings, and bracelets. The intensity weighting is 1.4, the ingredients required are
- Both in-game and on the forums, Faster Casting is usually abbreviated to FC.