Siege Perilous is a special ruleset shard that launched on July 15, 1999. The idea behind the shard was to create a more "difficult" and challenging shard for UO veterens. The main developer and created behind Siege was Runesabre.
Prepare yourselves brave travelers, for Siege Perilous truly will test your skills as a player. Aggressors who chose to alienate themselves from their fellow adventurers will find quickly it is a struggle to simply survive. Only those who can master the arts of teamwork, communication and trade, as well as combat, will prosper in this challenging world.
The true path to success on Siege Perilous is through making allies. As one cannot possibly have all of the skills necessary to obtain every resource essential to survival, setting up trade agreements with other players will often offer the best chance of prosperity. Those who shoot first and ask questions later could quickly find themselves alone and lacking in supplies.
Siege offers new or different rules from other shards which increase player challenge.
- No Item Insurance
- No Trammel facet
- Felucca ruleset on all remaining facets (Ilshenar, Malas, etc.)
- Each player can use a Personal Bless on one item, activated via Contextual Menu
- Character Transfer is prohibited to and from Siege
- Murderers and criminals will not be able to kick/ban others from their home, nor will they be able to log out instantly
- The title “Murderer” has been done away with, murderers will now show their karma/fame title
Skills & Stats
- Rate Over Time skill gain
- Skill points for skills under 70 points will gain as normal shards.
- Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points will gain a maximum of 3.6 points total per day, with a minimum of 5 minutes between point gained.
- Skill points for skills between 80 and 98.9 points will gain a maximum of 2 points total per day, with a minimum of 10 minutes between point gained.
- Skill points for skills 99.0 points and up will gain a maximum of 2 points total per day, with a minimum of 15 minutes between point gained.
- Maximum of 6 stat point gains per day
- Fishermen will notice a decrease in the rate that they find SOS bottles and will not be able to fish up treasure maps at all
- Arms Lore gives a crafting bonus every 12.5 skill instead of 20 on production shards
- No Recall or Sacred Journey spells
- The spells Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex have been weakened significantly
- Telekinesis will not work on trapped or locked chests
- Musical instruments, fishing poles, herding crooks, scissors, axes used for lumberjacking, and other bladed objects will wear down and break with use
- 7th Anniversary Items are not blessed
- Shopkeeper NPCs do not buy items from players
- Shopkeeper NPCs charge 3x more for the items they sell
- Shopkeeper NPCs do not sell any resources (Ingots, Cloth, etc.))
- Hireling NPCs charge 3x more for their services
- NPCs do not carry gold in their backpacks, preventing it from being stolen or looted on death
- [Details Forthcoming]