- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- A fully patched version of Enhanced Client (even if you're only using Classic Client)
Setup Instructions (both clients)
You can download a copy of UOCartographer from the UOGuide Server: http://www.uoguide.com/uocartographer.zip Unzip the file package and double-click the UOCsetup.exe executable to install the program.
Then please carefully follow the setup instructions below.
- Users of Windows Vista/7/8/10 need to right-click map icon and click Properties, under the Compatibility tab check Run this program as an administrator.
- Open the map, you'll receive error messages stating unable to locate maps, click OK through them until you're faced with just a black map.
- Right-click the map and click Options...
Uncheck 'Use Enhanced Client' if using Classic Client (use this to toggle between clients)
Check 'Use EC Maps' (keep checked at all times regardless of client)
Under EC Path: click the ellipses (...) and locate where the Enhanced Client folder is installed on your machine then click OK (normally located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced)
Under CC Path: leave blank.
(enter Server Address details)
- Restart the map, it will convert files, and the map should work for Classic Client. Still not tracking you? Some users may need to reboot windows.
To add the labels download UOCMapAdditions.zip and open, Extract all files to the UOCartographer folder that has automatically been created in My Documents (not the folder in Program Files).
Setup Instructions (enhanced client)
After following the first setup instructions.
- Pinco's UI users: simply open User Settings in the uo game client, click Options tab, under Atlas, check 'Enable UO Cartographer/Mapper'
- Non Pinco's UI users: need to create a new folder inside the "UserInterface" folder where the Enhanced Client is installed,
(normally located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface)
download the UOCartographerMod.zip and open, Extract all files to this new folder. On the Login to Ultima Online screen, click Custom UI, select the new folder and click OKAY
Manipulating the Map
- To Connect/Disconnect to the server, right-click the map and select Connect/Disconnect. If you have 'Show Status' checked under Options...
red button is disconnected, green button is connected.
- To zoom in/out: scroll up/down on the mouse wheel, or press Control-I/O, or right-click the map and select "Zoom In/Out" users will find WizMouse handy for zooming in and out as it automatically enables scrolling on the window under the cursor.
- To lock the map in a specific location on your screen: double-click anywhere on the map, press Control-B, or right-click the map and select "Borderless"
- To keep the map window above all other program windows (including Ultima Online): press Control-T or right-click the map and select "Always on Top"
- To tilt the map and match the orientation of the game world: right-click the map and select "Tilt Map"
Right-click the map
- Show Coordinates - Will display your character position in the top left corner and the position your cursor is pointing at in the bottom left corner. It can be set to either display coordinates using latitude and longitude (92* 38'N 19* 11'W) or tile X and Y (1050, 570).
- Atlas... - Displays the entire facet your are currently on in a new window. Your position is marked but will not update if you move until you reopen the Atlas window.
- Facet - Allows you to change the map to a different facet. If you move the map will go back to the facet you are on.
- Add Marker... - Allows you to add a customisable label at the point you right clicked on the map. To Edit/Delete a label, right click the label and select Edit Marker...
- Filter Markers - allows you to check/uncheck which labels you'd like displayed.
- Find... - (Ctrl+F) select the player you wish to find to see where they are, then click OK, the map will return to tracking you when you move. This is useful to find someone who is a long way away from you or on a different server.
Updating the Map
To add new lands from a new publish or update snow effects:
Ensure you've updated the Enhanced Client (regardless of what client you're using), then right-click the map, Options...
Running a Server
For those who are hosting the server for your friends you will find the server program already packaged with the UOCartographer installer. Depending on the directory you installed it, you should find it located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\UOCartographer\UOCServer.exe