Valentine's Day 2008 was quite the celebration, with the distribution of special gifts, a new romantic venue, and a live scavenger hunt. Rare pink bunnies spawned in a few hues throughout the land and the extremely rare purple bunny made limited appearances.
A special gift box was distributed to characters older than thirty days, containing several wonderful treasures:
- Stuffy Animals - a tailor's name for these adorable, cotton-stuffed creations. Coming in four different designs and a variety of hues, they are a delight to snuggle with (double-click) in the comfort of your home.
- Chocolate - a smooth, edible treasure to delight every waiting mouth. Enjoy your Dark, Milk, or White chocolate treat!
- Valentine's Day Cards - A variety of old and new sayings. Characters double-click card and target a character of their choice to fill in the appropriate names. Each card can only be used once.
- And what holiday would not be complete without salted meat, a Slice of Bacon was included as a gift.
3 New Books of Poetry - NPC Francis the Chapman is an enterprising scribe that sells books and other stationeries inside the Conservatory in Britain. He has recovered a number of poems from the archives of Castle British; apparently from Lord British's personal collection! They contain many strange and beautiful references to lands unknown and places unseen. Struck by their romantic beauty, Francis has created a collection of the poems, and published them himself in three volumes.
Yew Waterfalls -- Southeast of Justice Island on facet Trammel, next to the waterfalls, a romantic garden has been carefully cultivated for the enjoyment of young couples and lonely poets alike. A new bridge spans the falls, giving unprecedented views of the shimmering cascades of water. The area is now a guard zone to protect the safety of picnickers.
A Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt was held at the Yew Waterfalls garden. The hunt occured on each shard as follows:
- Oceania: Saturday, Feb. 16th, 6PM EST (11am local UTC)
- Europa: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 1:30PM EST (7:30pm local Western European Time zone)
- Drachenfels: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 1:30PM (7:30pm local Western European Time zone)
- United States:
- Great Lakes: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 4PM EST
- Legends: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 5PM EST
- Atlantic: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 6PM EST
- Sonoma: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 4PM PST
- Origin: Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 5PM PST
- Lake Superior: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 4PM EST
- Catskills: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 5PM EST
- Chesapeake: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 6PM EST
- Baja: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 4PM PST
- Lake Austin: Wednesday, Feb. 20th, 5PM PST
- Siege Perilous: Thursday, Feb. 21st, 5:30 PM EST
- Pacific: Thursday, Feb. 21st, 4PM PST
- Napa Valley: Thursday, Feb. 21st, 5PM PST
Five lucky winners on each shard received a special Rose in a Vase entitled "2008 Valentine Hunt Champion."