Communication crystals allow for the remote broadcast of in-game conversations. There are 2 types of crystals, “broadcast” crystals and “receiver” crystals. These crystals can be purchased from a town NPC Jeweler. Publish 77 added an improved version called Farspeaker.
Broadcast crystals have the following properties:
- They can be linked to a maximum of 10 receiver crystals;
- When a character speaks, a proximate broadcast crystal will pick up their speech;
- Broadcast crystals work from a pack animal's pack;
- Active broadcast crystals in a player’s backpack will pick up the speech said by that player first, and all others close by secondly; and
- A broadcast crystal located on the ground can pick up nearby speech.
To use a broadcast crystal, perform the following procedures:
- Double clicking the broadcast crystal and targeting itself will turn the crystal on or off.
- To link a broadcast crystal to a receiver crystal, double click the broadcast crystal and target a receiver crystal. This will link the receiver crystal to the broadcast crystal, if the receiver crystal is not already linked.
- Double clicking a broadcast crystal located in a character's backpack and then targeting that character will clear the receiver list.
Receiver crystals will work in the following manner:
- Double clicking the receiver crystal then targeting itself will turn the crystal on or off; and
- Double clicking the receiver crystal then targetting the player’s character will remove the broadcast crystal connection to the receiver crystal.