- September 25, 2014 Note: As of Publish 86 Factons has been removed from the game. It has been replaced by the Vice vs Virtue PVP system.
Faction Artifacts is a term used by some players to refer to items offered as rewards for participation in the Factions system. For the most part, these items were introduced in Publish 56, and are purchase-able by Faction characters using Silver (the currency of Factions). However, as of the time of writing, late March 2009, at least one Faction Artifact was a reward only for participation in a specific event (see Cloak and Dagger).
Worn equipment requires a certain level rank to use. Inside each stronghold near the faction stone is a Cooperative Collection chest. Donate silver to it and collect the rewards. In the future, silver donated to the faction in this way will be beneficial to the faction.
In general, these items can be said to have the following characteristic:
- Powder of Fortification cannot be used on them;
- Faction Artifacts have Durability, and wear out, even when they are based on items, such as the Crimson Cincture, that do not typically have durability;
- They are mostly modified, more powerful versions of pre-existing Artifacts; and
- They cannot be repaired by normal means, but through use of a new Faction-only repair system.
Also see the article on Faction Consumables, which were introduced at the same time.