- September 25, 2014 Note: As of Publish 86 Factons has been removed from the game. It has been replaced by the Vice vs Virtue PVP system.
Faction Commanders are elected to their position by the members of the faction itself. Only a faction member with a rank of 6 through 10 or who is currently Faction Commander is eligible to be elected a Faction Commander. The normal election cycles is 9 days long. They will consist of three sub-cycles termed "Election pending," "Campaigning," and "Open voting." Each of these election cycles can last from one to five days.
The election pending phase lasts five days and during this phase players cannot run for office or vote for candidates.
This phase lasts one day and is the phase where players choose to run for office. Players must be of faction rank 6 or higher to run for office. Only one character per account may choose to run. Up to ten candidate slots are filled on a first come, first served basis. Players that quit factions before this phase ends are removed from the election list immediately. If there are no candidates on the list at the end of this phase, the Campaigning phase repeats for an additional day. If there is only one candidate, the voting phase is skipped and that one candidate wins by default.
This phase lasts for 3 days. Members of the faction can cast one vote for one candidate on the list. Only one character per account can cast a vote. A vote cannot be changed. Each candidate's name and current vote total are displayed to every faction member. If there are ties in the voting, the candidate first on the list wins. It certainly pays to start your campaigning at the earliest possible moment.
Faction Commander Abilities
- The Faction Commander is able to appoint or remove the sheriff and finance minister for each town that a faction controls. The commander accesses these functions by using the appropriate townstone within the controlled town.
- The Faction Commander determines the degree of faction "tithes". The tithing rate can be set anywhere from 0% to 100% in increments of 10%. The commander accesses this function by using the faction stone. The purpose of this tithing is described in the section titled "Faction Scoring and Points".
- The Faction Commander determines the disbursement of the faction's treasury to cities under the control of the faction (10,000 silver at a time). Silver cannot be transferred back to the Faction stone.
- Four times per hour the commander may send a global message to all online faction members in his faction. This is done by saying "message faction" - a prompt will appear asking them what they want to send as a message. The commander types in the text and hits enter - it is sent to all online faction mates.
- You can not quit a Faction while holding the office of commander
- As commander, you can remove any Faction Traps placed by your faction via the Remove Trap skill. No skill points or Faction Trap Removal Kit is needed.