Talk:Cloak of Corruption
Hate to argue, but I know little is known about this item and I'd like to see it defined. :)
I've had a character bashing a golem for the past five hours or so today, wearing a cloak for the entire time. Stamina is NOT drained - Even if I allow my HP to fall to the minimum amount.
My maximum health/stamina/mana levels are 112/17/140. I lose some stamina/mana with each succesful strike on the golem, but I typically regen the few points lost before my character can strike again. My armor only has +2 stamina regen on it and I have no battle focus, so if I was taking a -14 stamina drain I'd be seeing the effects.
I also didn't see stamina drain when the cloak was functioning as it originally did (by providing an infinite source of mana). Unless of course I let my health drain too far, in which case moving drained stamina quickly (though this is usual and not an effect of the cloak).
- Bomb Bloke 23:05, 12 April 2008 (PDT)
- I logged on and re-tried it just before I posted. I also have a 17 Stamina, so I noticed it immediately. The stamina loss was occuring before the health loss would start. On LS it has a stamina drain.
- I don't know where the -14 came from. I've not seen it elsewhere, maybe it should be removed. I'll offer the advice I myself love to hear, "Try it nude". ;) --Ceruleus 23:13, 12 April 2008 (PDT)
It also drains mana, my med was masking the drain. --Ceruleus 23:27, 12 April 2008 (PDT) used...)
- Anyway! Turns out you are indeed right and I was far off the mark. I missed that Vampiric Embrace boosts stamina regen as well as mana, so that's where my problem was. I don't know what rate it gives but I suppose it must be pretty impressive.
- Still, back when I originally tried the item out I wasn't using anything like that. Perhaps the cloak also refilled stamina just as it did mana...? Hard to say, now. Perhaps a fighter player who obtained one would know for sure.
- - Bomb Bloke 00:17, 13 April 2008 (PDT)
- The -14 regeneration in all stats was from my direct testing with the cloaks. I put on Health/Mana regeneration items until it would drain and replenish at roughly the same rate. Only the Stamina drain was not tested but I am assuming it is -14 as well. I did not test any other properties such as what bonus it gives when you deal damage. - JC the Builder 12:52, 13 April 2008 (PDT)
"To sum: A dread's best friend, or a hero's shield in the unknown."
What Draconi could have meant by that last part is not known. - Galen
- Outside the void only characters who wish to obtain the "dread" title have a use for the cloak (it can otherwise be somewhat difficult to get/maintain this when you consider that most creatures worth hunting provide massive amounts of positive karma).
- Inside the "unknown" void, the cloak is useful to any "hero" due to it's replenishment properties.
- Hmm, I wonder if the thing works in other ethereal locations... Probably not, but it may be helpful in future events (kinda like Mystic weapons).
- - Bomb Bloke 02:38, 22 April 2008 (PDT)