Revision as of 18:26, 17 May 2012 by Nimuaq
Generally speaking, fire-based creatures spawn here:
There is not much official fiction on Montor:
- The people gathered in the northeast area of the world (Ilshenar) and established a city on a mountainside calling it Montor. Long ago in Sosaria another town of the same name had existed in, ironically, the lands ruled by Lord British himself. At first I thought the name was just a reuse of a familiar town but you can translate the name to mean “Mountain Passion”. The later seems to ring true. In other texts it is listed as Mont-Or. The later name would befit a new city with people who survived such a catastrophe. This new city took about 40 years to complete. It was, by all accounts, a paradise of city and mountain with waterfalls that cut between buildings and the mountainside. In the years that followed Ilshen and a council of scholars set up laws and government and peace reigned.
- Then twenty years after its completion Montor was destroyed. We still are missing pieces of all that transpired but it seems the mountain Montor was built on had a volcanic eruption. The city’s present state would back that up fully. It would also appear that the people knew it was going to happen and evacuated.
-- An Introduction to Ilshenar - Part II, March 16, 2001.
For more lore on Montor and Ilshenar, see
- An Introduction to Ilshenar - Part I
- An Introduction to Ilshenar - Part II
- An Introduction to Ilshenar - Part III
- The City of Montor is among the 19 locations randomly depicted in the Snow Globe Holiday Gift from December 2001.