Client Patch 3.0.8d
- Date: May 28, 2002
- Size: 218,546 bytes
- Notes: None
We will be releasing a client patch today, Tuesday, May 28th. This patch will contain the following changes (note that this patch does not contain the upcoming wearable art for the 3D client, which is still in progress):
3D client only
- Framerate Countermeasures system added. This automatically disables graphical enhancements in low frame rate situations. Players can change the point at which this happens with a slider bar in their options menu. Setting this to 0 will make this feature never activate.
- Particle system performance and stability improvements.
- 3D’s shadows are now simple geometric outlines instead of layered polygons. "Blob" shadows also added for lower end machines.
- Most gestures have been tweaked to play at better animation speeds. A new system for this change supports the ability to tweak other animation speeds as well in the future.
- Fancy outlines around text tweaked to enhance legibility.
- A small box on containers will display how many items are in a stack under the cursor.
- Generic item counter interface also added to containers. This will give you a count off all the objects of a given type in a specific container. Note that only certain types of objects are counted in this.
- Death animations will now play out completely.
- Several party system fixes.
- Ability to disable the menubar.
- Stat and skill caps are displayed in the interface so the player knows what their limits are.
- Skill icons added. To create, push your left mouse button down on a skill listing in the skill interface and drag it off to the side of the gump.
- Many gumps that used to close when you died no longer will.
- Misc bug fixes and client performance enhancements
The current version should be 3.0.8d for both the 2D and 3D clients.
If you have any difficulty receiving this patch, please check the following:
- Check the "Patch" directory within your Ultima Online directory (the default location is C:\\Program Files\Ultima Online\Patch). This directory should be empty. Any files in this directory should be deleted.
- If you are unable to connect to the patch server at all, and are using an original (Non-T2A) version of Ultima Online, you may need to update your verinfo file. For details on updating this file, please see the information posted at http://support.uo.com/tech_6.html.
- Run a virus scan on your computer. Undetected viruses may cause conflicts with patching Ultima Online. For information on up-to-date virus detection software, please visit http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/vso/default.asp.
If after trying the above, you are still experiencing difficulty patching the Ultima Online client, please visit this web page.
|Classic Client Patches|
|Third Dawn Client Patches|