Publish 86.3 on TC1
Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2014 Sep 15
We are pushing our final server publish to TC1 this evening for Publish 86. We will be putting our a patch and publish to Origin and Izumo the 18th with our new UI!!
Vice vs Virtue
We would like to invite all players to come to TC1 Tuesday afternoon any time after 2 pm EST to help the Devs stress test Vice vs Virtue.
Sign Up & Quitting
- Players can join Vice vs Virtue by using the “Join Vice vs Virtue” option from the “My Guild” page of the Guild Menu.
- Clicking “Accept!” from the acceptance gump will enroll players in Vice vs Virtue. While enrolled in Vice vs Virtue players will be open to attack from other VvV players while in a non-consensual PvP facet.
- All Vice vs Virtue players have [VvV] appended to the end of their name.
- While enrolled in VvV players will receive messaging when logging in and while logged in informing when battles take place.
- While enrolled in VvV players will subject to stat loss when killed.
• Players may quit Vice vs Virtue by selecting the “Resign Vice vs Virtue” option from the “My Guild” page of the Guild Menu.
- When resigning VvV players will enter a 3 day quitting period. During that 3 day period players will still be attackable by VvV members in non-consensual PvP facets.
- After the expiration of the 3 day quitting period players will be removed from VvV the next time the player logs in.
- If a player is removed from a guild while enrolled in VvV they will enter a 3 day quitting period, during which time the player will be flagged as a VvV participant and open to attack while in a non-consensual PvP facet.
- At the expiration of the 3 day quitting period players will have their VvV participant status removed the next time they log in.
- A player must fully resign VvV before they can character transfer.
- When at least 2, non-allied VvV players are logged into the game a random Virtue City will be open for battle.
- When a VvV player enters an active battle region a battle status gump will open indicating their guild’s scoring progression as well as important match updates.
- At the start of the battle non-VvV players will receive a warning gump indicating that if they do not leave the battle city they will be open to attack.
- Any non-VvV player entering the city during the battle will receive the same warning gump.
- VvV players can score points for their guild in a variety of ways: • Being the only guild/alliance to occupy the city
- Killing opposing non-allied VvV players. There is a 5 minute timeout between when a player’s death results in the killer’s guild receiving * Finding and returning the Sigil
- The sigil icon at the bottom of the battle status gump will illuminate when the sigil has spawned.
- A passive detecting hidden check will alert the player when they are near the sigil with a message that, “Their keen senses detect something hidden in the area” if a player has at least 80.0% detecting hidden skill.
- Players must use detecting hidden and have at least 100.0% stealing to reveal and steal the sigil.
- Once the sigil has been acquired it can be returned to either the Priest of Vice or Priest of Virtue.
- The sigil is cursed and can be picked up or stolen by other VvV players.
- Claiming an Altar • When the message, “Fight for the Altar” appears in the battle status gump an arrow will point towards the direction of the altar.
- Claim the altar by being the only guild/alliance to stand on it and ignite all 4 braziers.
- If an opposing VvV player steps onto the altar the claiming process resets.
- VvV players will receive silver points during the match that can be redeemed for a variety of rewards.
- When any guild’s point status bar is filled or the battle timer ends the battle will conclude.
- After a short cool down period if at least 2, non-allied VvV players are logged into the game another battle will start.
- All Vice vs Virtue players will have [VvV] appended to their overhead name.
- In consensual PvP facets normal highlighting will occur based on notoriety.
- In non-consensual PvP facets a Vice vs Virtue player will highlight orange to other Vice vs Virtue players except those players that are in the same guild or alliance.
- Non VvV players that unlawfully attack a VvV player will be flagged as Vice vs Virtue Participants and highlight orange to VvV players. This participation will last until the player is killed by another player, and will be subject to stat loss upon death.
- Non VvV Players that preform beneficial actions on VvV players while in combat will be flagged as Vice vs Virtue Participants and highlight orange to VvV players.
- A variety of rewards are available for purchase from the “Silver Trader” stationed at banks across Britannia.
- Rewards tagged as “Shard Bound” cannot be shard transferred.
- Rewards tagged as “VvV” can only be used by Vice vs Virtue players.
- Rewards tagged as “Owner: “ are character bound.
- Rewards tagged as “Account Bound” are only usable by characters on the account that claimed the reward.
- Silver traders will trade items for VvV silver points.
- A player can have no more than 10,000 silver points.
- Players will start with 2000 silver points.
- Silver points will be reset to 2000 each time a player rejoins Vice vs Virtue.
- Traps • Traps can be placed inside an active VvV battle region and come in two deployment varieties, proximity and tripwire.
- Deployment type can be toggled using the context menu on the trap.
- Proximity traps detonate when a valid target enters the detonation radius around the trap and cause moderate damage.
- Tripwire traps detonate when a valid target steps on the tripwire line and cause heavy damage.
- Traps have a variety of damage packages including, • Explosion – causes equal parts fire and physical damage
- Poison – causes poison damage and poisons the target
- Cold – causes cold damage and paralyzes the target
- Energy – causes energy damage and prevents healing for a short period
- Blades – causes physical damage and puts a bleed effect on the target
- The number of traps that can be placed inside a VvV battle region is capped at 20.
- Traps can be passively detected with a detecting hidden skill of at least 80.0%.
- Traps can be revealed using the detecting hidden skill actively.
- Traps can be disarmed using the remove trap skill actively.
- Successful disarmament of a trap results in the trap being returned to the disarmer, failure results in detonation.
- Guild mates and allies may not detect or remove the traps of their guild mates and allies.
- Potions • Potions are delivered 10 at a time in the form of a special potion keg. Double click on the keg to redeem potions. A variety of potion types are available for purchase from the Silver Trader: • Antiparalysis – Removes the effects of paralysis and halves current stamina.
- Supernova – Causes fire damage to enemies within a 5 tile radius, can be used once every 2 minutes
- Stat Loss Removal – Removes the effects of stat loss, can be used once every 20 minutes.
- Greater Stamina – Restores 100-125 stamina over the course of 10 seconds. No other potions can be consumed during this time.
- War Steeds • War Ostards and War Horses are delivered as a pet statuette. Using the pet statuette will create a bonded pet to the user.
- War steeds cannot be traded, and when released will disappear.
- War steeds must be fed regular food appropriate to the creature type.
- War steeds must also be fed “Essence of Courage” to keep up their battle readiness.
- If a war steed loses all of its battle readiness it will disappear.
- Hair Dye • Hair dye is available in Vice Red and Virtue Blue
- Mana Spike - Known issue this is not working as expected • The mana spike can be deployed during a battle.
- The mana spike requires 50 mana and will consume all of the user’s mana.
- The mana spike will reveal all hidden players inside the battle region & do energy damage.
- Players will not be able to hide while under the effects of the mana spike.
- Mana spikes can only be used once every 5 minutes.
- Artifacts (Giving reward artifacts to the Silver Trader will convert it to the Gargoyle version where available) • Mace & Shield Reading Glasses
- The Inquisitor’s Resolution
- Ornament of the Magician
- Order Shield
- Clainin’s Spellbook
- Folded Steel Reading Glasses
- Crystalline Ring
- Spirit of the Totem
- Wizard’s Crystal Reading Glasses
- Primer on Arms & Damage Removal
- Tome of Lost Knowledge
- Hunter’s Headdress
- Heart of the Lion
- Crimson Cincture
- Ring of the Vile
- Fey Leggings
- Equipment • Leather Gloves
- Rune Beetle Carapace
- Kasa of the Raj-In
- Wizard Hat
- Woodland Arms
- Dragon Sleeves
- Gargish Platemail Arms
- Platemail Arms
- Gargish Stone Chest
- Studded Tunic
- Gargish Earrings
- Hooded Robes • Available in Vice Red and Virtue Blue
- Plans to a Cannon Turret • Cannon Turrets can be deployed in an active battle region
- Cannon Turrets will fire at opposing Vice vs Virtue players and VvV participants causing physical damage.
- Turrets can be destroyed by attacking the stone base.
- Turrets start with 20 ammunition and will destroy themselves after they run out of ammo.
- There is a limit of 10 turrets within the battle region.
- Royal Forged Pardon • Will remove all murder counts a player has.
- Vice Tile House Add-ons • Vice Tile house add-ons that can be placed in a house.
- Wrong, Shame, Pride, Hythloth, Destard, Despise, Deceit, Covetous.
- Banners • Virtue – Valor, Spirituality, Sacrifice, Justice, Humility, Honor, Honesty, Compassion
- Vice – Wrong, Shame, Pride, Hythloth, Destard, Despise, Deceit, Covetous.
- Banners can be double clicked to show a larger version of the artwork.
- Banners can be turned and raised using an interior decorator.
- Scroll of Transcendence • Random +10 Scroll of Transcendence
Faction System Removal
- All players have been removed from Factions.
- Faction horses will revert to normal pets.
- Faction Greater Stamina Potions, Faction Supernova Potions, Shrine Gems, and Cloaks of Command have been removed.
Trade Ministers will now offer players the ability to deliver goods between cities in exchange for a variety of rewards! • Players may get an offer for a trade order by accessing the context menu on a City Trade Minister. Trade ministers can be found near the docks or stables in the loyalty cities. • Upon accepting a trade order players will not be able to magically teleport except for using public moongates with a destination of Felucca. • Players accepting their first trade order will receive a message from “A friend…” • Trade orders can be cancelled at any time by selecting “Cancel Trade Order” from the context menu on the trade order container. • Items required to fill the trade order are generated from the real time inventories of shop keepers in the region. • Up to five items in varying quantities can be applied to a trade order and are based on the total number of trade orders a player has completed. • Items may be dropped inside the trade order directly or filled from the top level of the player’s backpack using the “Fill from Backpack” context menu option from the trade order container. • Stackable, insured, and blessed items will not be put into the trade crate when using the “fill from Backpack” option. • Trade orders cannot be removed from the player’s backpack and will be destroyed if the player character transfers. • Each trade order has a destination city indicated in the item property display of the trade order container. • While delivering the trade order players may be randomly ambushed by monsters. • Ambush mobs will have a special “Ambusher” item property, and will despawn after 10 minutes of not being attacked. • Monster difficulty scales based on the stats and skills of the player. • Killing monsters while delivering a trade order provides a bonus to the amount of gold the destination city treasury receives up to a capped number of kill per delivery. • Trade orders with greater distances between the origin and destination city will boost the amount of gold deposited to the destination city treasury as well as the amount of resources rewarded. • When a player successfully returns a filled trade order to the correct destination city’s Trade Minister they have a chance of receiving a variety of rewards including, • 1 in a set of story books with a unique story from each of the loyalty cities. Each player is eligible for one set of books and will receive a new one each time a book is rewarded. • A random NPC guild sign engravable with a wooden container engraving tool • Random resources for blacksmithing, carpentry, tailoring, and imbuing • A random 0.1 – 1.0 Scroll of Transcendence
• A deposit of funds will also be made to the origin city’s treasury. • Players received positive Karma and City Love in the destination & origin cities if trade orders are turned into the City Trade Minister • A player may also opt to deliver a completed trade order to Slim the Fence for rewards including, • A skeleton key • A random magic item • a random 0.1 - 1.0 Scroll of Transcendence • A rare chance at “An Expired Voucher for a Free Drink at the Fortune’s Fire Casino” • A rare chance at “Forged Artwork from King Blackthorn’s Castle” • A rare chance at “Slim the Fence’s Little Black Book” • An rare chance at “Slim’s Shadow Veil” • An uber shadow colored leather mempo • Faster Casting 1
• Players received negative Karma and City Hate in the destination & origin cities if trade orders are turned into Slim the Fence. • Specialty Titles are available from the Title System Menu when completing trade orders: • Trader – Deliver 1 trade order to the City Trade Minister • Exporter – Deliver 25 trade orders to the City Trade Minister • Broker – Deliver 50 trade orders to the City Trade Minister • Tycoon – Deliver 100 trade orders to the City Trade Minister • Magnate – Deliver 150 trade orders to the City Trade Minister • Smuggler – Deliver 50 trade orders to Slim the Fence
Global Loot Changes
All magical items (weapons, armor, and jewelry) will now spawn with properties generated via new loot property generation. These include items found, • On Monsters • In SoS Chests • In Treasure Chests • In Dungeon Chests • In Khaldun Puzzle Chests • In Paragon Chests • From Dredging Hooks • From Quest rewards • Loot obtained from monsters, SoS Chests, Treasure Chests, Dredging Hooks, and as Quest Rewards will be influenced by the luck of the individual getting the loot. • Loot obtained from Dungeon Chests and Khaldun Puzzle Chests will have loot influenced with a random luck value between 0 and 240. • Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it, as well as bonuses to budgets used in item property generation. • The following negative item properties can now be found on magic items: • Brittle – Cannot have powder of fortification applied to the item • Prized – Item insurance cost is increased, cannot be blessed • Massive – Increased strength requirement, indicated in the strength requirement item property • Unwieldy – Increased item weight, indicated in the weight item property • Cursed – Cannot be insured or blessed • Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.
• Items spawned with the brittle property will have a default max durability of 255. • All items with the ephemeral property will be converted to antique. • Items will have at maximum 1 negative property applied to them. • Item insurance will now scale up based on item intensity. • Magical jewelry (rings and bracelets) will now have a default max durability of 255. • Additional monster loot items will be spawned based on party size and luck.
Cleanup Britannia Additions/Updates:
We have added several new Cleanup Britannia Rewards to the Cleanup Officers including the following:
•Mailbox (1000 points)
•3 types of decorative mushrooms (1000 points each)
•Primordial Decay – Elemental Slayer Instrument (20,000 points)
•Arachnid Doom – Arachnid Slayer Instrument (20,000 points)
•Presentation Stone (a pedestal that can be dyed with Tokuno dyes, natural dyes or a furniture dye tub) (75,000 points)
•Vibrant Ocher Pigment (250,000 points)
•Olive Green Pigment (250,000 points)
•Lucky Charm (Talisman – Hit Point Regeneration 1, Stamina Regeneration 1, Mana Regeneration 1 and Luck 150) (300,000 points)
•Soldier’s Medal (Talisman – Tactics +10, Stamina Regeneration 2, Hit Chance Increase 5% and Damage Increase 20%) (300,000 points)
•Duelist’s Edge (Talisman – Anatomy +10, Stamina Regeneration 2, Hit Chance Increase 5% and Damage Increase 20%) (300,000 points)
•Necromancer’s Phylactery (Talisman – Spirit Speak +10, Mana Regeneration 1, Spell Damage Increase 5% and Lower Reagent Cost 10%) (300,000 points)
•Wizard’s Curio (Talisman – Evaluate Intelligence +10, Mana Regeneration 1, Spell Damage Increase 5% and Lower Reagent Cost 10%) (300,000 points)
•Mystic’s Memento (Talisman – Focus +10, Mana Regeneration 1, Spell Damage Increase 5% and Lower Reagent Cost 10%) (300,000 points)
•Vollem Held in a Crystal (500,000 points)
We have also added many items to the Cleanup Britannia turn in list including the following:
•Covetous Artifacts (Blight of the Tundra, Bracelet of Protection, Brightblade, Hephaestus and Prismatic Lenses) (2,000 points)
•Despise Artifacts (Compassion’s Eye, Despicable Quiver, Hailstorm, Unforgiven Veil, Unicorn Mane Woven Sandals and Unicorn Mane Woven Talons) (2,000 points)
•Ararat Artifacts (Abhorrence, Captain Johne’s Blade, Craven, Equivocation and Pincer) (2,000 points)
•Exodus Artifacts and Replica Artifacts (Dupre’s Sword, Clockwork Leggings, Bracers of Alchemical Devastation (Replica), Asclepius (Replica) and Hygieia’s Necklace (Replica) (2,000 points)
•Items bearing the crest of Minax (1,000 points)
•Ararat stealables (Ararat Anchor, Ararat Bell, Ararat Figurehead) (750 points)
•Golden Fishing Pole and Golden Tinker Tool Kit (500 points)
•2014 Valentine’s Day Kittens and Puppies (400 points)
•2013 Carved Pumpkins (400 points) (1,400 points for the two rare pumpkins)
•2013 Heads on a spike (300 points) (6,000 points for the rare head on a spike)
•2013 Pumpkin Carving Kits and 2013 Carvable Pumpkin (200 points)
•Pig on a Spit Deed and Note from Cousteau (100 points)
•2014 Chocolate Jelly Beans, 2014 Easter Basket, 2013 Lobster Dinner, 2013 Holiday Candle, 2013 Deed for a Claw Foot Tub, 2013 Alacrity Deed Scroll Book, 16th Anniversary Gift Bag, 16th Anniversary Venus Flytrap, 16th Anniversary Staghorn Fern, 16th Anniversary Japanese Maple, 16th Anniversary Dieffenbachia, 16th Anniversary Plant Deed, 16th Anniversary Platter, 16th Anniversary Card, 16th Anniversary Pony Statuette (50 points)
•2014 Easter Bunny (50 points) (1,000 points for the rare location)
•2014 Marshmallow Ducklings (1 point)
Increased the number of uses on each Cleanup Britannia slayer instruments from 250 use to 450 uses.
Players will no longer receive turn in points for Antique items.
Players will now be able to combine similar Tokuno style pigments up to a maximum of 50 uses by double clicking the first pigment and then targeting the second pigment to combine them.
Bug Fixes • Special Move: Dismount mana cost increased to 25 from 20. Ranged dismount now lasts 8 seconds while melee remains at 10 seconds. • Players that use AOE special attacks will no longer become aggressive to their own pets • All Despicable Quivers and Unforgiven Veils will now be blessed by default.
· Item insurance costs will no longer be reset when switching subservers.
Classic Client 7.0.35 • Cliloc Changes • Art Additions
Enhanced Client 4.0.35 • Cliloc Changes • Art Additions