Each race in UO has inherent abilities which seperate them from each other.
- Flying - A Gargoyle's powerful wings carry them over land as fast as a galloping horse and grant them access to special Gargoyle-only areas.
- Berserk - In situations of great danger, a Gargoyle's natural ferocity will take over, granting speed and power at the cost of defenses.
- Master Artisan - A strong cultural emphasis on art and craftsmanship grants the Gargoyles an increased chance to imbue and unravel magical items.
- Deadly Aim - All Gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of Throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons.
- Mystic Insight - Gargoyles have an intuitive understanding of Mysticism, allowing them to cast basic Mysticism spells without further training.
- Gargoyles cannot learn nor use weapons that require Archery.