This system allows players to combine lower level Power Scrolls, Stat Scrolls and Scroll of Transcendence (SoT) into scrolls of higher value. With this system, new craftables have been added for Cooking and more specifically for Inscription. These craftables give purpose to a mostly discarded resources from Lumberjacking, the Bark Fragment. The Binders are cursed.
Using Scroll Binders
Depending on the type of scrolls bound, the number required to upgrade it to a higher level scroll will vary. In the case of SoT's, there isn't a predetermined number of scroll, but rather a specific cap to be reached, ie a total value of 5 pts.
- 105 scrolls needed to create a 110 powerscroll = 8
- 110 scrolls needed to create a 115 powerscroll = 12
- 115 scrolls needed to create a 120 powerscroll = 10
- +5 stats scrolls needed to create a +10 stats scroll = 6
- +10 stats scrolls needed to create a +15 stats scroll = 8
- +15 stats scrolls needed to create a +20 stats scroll = 8
- +20 stats scrolls needed to create a +25 stats scroll = 5
When double clicked, an empty binder will ask the player to target the scroll he wishes to bind. Once the scroll has been targeted, that scroll is destroyed and the Binder is now set to this type of scroll. An item property is added to the binder displaying the type of scroll and the number of scrolls bound. In the case of an Scroll of Transcendence, it will display the total number of points bound out of 5.
Once a scroll has been bound to it, any other scroll targeted much match the type of the original one. For instance, you cannot combine a 105 taming with a 110 taming.
When the player combines the number of scrolls required, the binder is transformed into a higher version of the scrolls it was combining. For example, once the player combines the 10th 115 Magery to his binder, the binder will become a 120 Magery powerscroll.
Scrolls of Transcendence
When combining Scrolls of Transcendence, add scrolls until the binder reaches a specific skill point value (2.0 or 5.0). The binder will change color from red to pink and become a usable SoT with that skill point value. The skill point values at which the binder changes color and becomes a usable SoT are only 2.0 and 5.0. (3.0 SoT's cannot be created using a scroll binder, but can be found as loot from boss monsters.)
If you wish to raise a binder to 5.0, make sure to add a SoT with enough skill to exceed the 2.0 cap. If a binder is at 1.9 and you want to take it to 5.0, add at least a 0.2 scroll. If you add only 0.1, the binder will be at 2.0, turn pink, and become a usable scroll.
Conversely, if you do not want to raise a binder to 5.0, make sure you don't exceed the 2.0 mark. If you add skill past 2.0, the binder will remain red (unusable) and you will have to add scrolls until you hit 5.0 skill to be able to use it.
- Add a 0.5 SoT to a binder and the binder will remain red (unusable) with a value of 0.5.
- Add 0.1, 0.5, and 0.9 SoT's to a binder and the binder will remain red (unusable) with a value of 1.5.
- Add 0.1, 0.9, and 1.0 SoT's to a binder and the binder will change from red to pink and become a usable SoT with 2.0 skill.
- Add 0.1, 0.9, 1.0, and 0.2 SoT's to a binder and the binder will remain red (unusable) with a value of 2.2. You must now add enough skill to take the binder to 5.0 before it will change from red to pink and become a usable SoT.
While binding Scrolls of Transcendence, players who attempt to combine a scroll that would exceed the cap of 5 pts will receive a warning gump informing them that the excess points will be lost if they combine this scroll. If they accept, the binding will be completed and the binder transformed into a 5.0 point Scroll of Transcendence.
The cap for Scrolls of Transcendence was at one time 10.0 points, as the screen shot above shows, but is 5.0 points as of 1/15/2016.