The following is a list of changes deployed as Publish 33 on June 21, 2005.
- Addressed an issue with followers being lost at logout.
- When a player logs out, followers (pets, hired NPCs) will be auto-stabled, returning to the player upon login.
- Pets that do not automatically return to the player can be claimed at the stable master.
- Arrows that miss their target will now be recovered automatically, rather than dropping to the ground behind a mob.
- Shortly after dropping out of war mode, any recoverable arrows will be placed in the player's backpack.
- Treasures of Tokuno event has ended
- Players no longer accumulate points towards Treasures of Tokuno rewards when defeating enemies.
- Ihara Soka will still be around to reward players for turning in artifacts.
- The help screen has been updated.
- Links to the UO homepage have been updated.
- Only new players will have the option of teleporting to Haven.
- New players are given the option to page a counselor. (Japan Only)
- Everyone will see the other -> other petition options
- The login error screen has been updated to include more information about why the error occurred
- Purchasing an Advanced Character is now handled through an automated process.
- Promotion codes will be purchased via webpage. Activating these codes in game will give a token which can be activated or traded. Activating the token will begin the advanced character process.
- Doing a mouse-over of the house deed being traded will now provide more specific information on the house being traded
- Added petition functionality, you can now target up to three people when reporting a verbal harassment issue. Targeting players can be done in 3 methods:
- Selecting the player with a target cursor
- Searching through a list of players in the areab by typing in the name.
- Spell damage increase is now capped at 15% for the Wither spell in PvP.
- The advanced character blacksmith template has been updated to the following stats:
- Added fix for the swing speed cap, it is now back to 1.25 seconds for every swing.
- Vendor Contracts display a collect rent button even when they have no gold. This has been fixed so the option won't appear unless they have a value greater than 0.
- Added fix for an issue where attempting to enhance or repair a metal item causes it to be smelted instead.
- Added fix for the True Britannians faction border. It is now properly aligned with the "blue blocker" boundary.
- Pack Animals carrying items are not subject to the pet protection features.
On July 6, 2005, the following was published:
- Additional support for Evil Home Decor Items
- Inclusion of a “cancel transfer” button to the Character Transfer system
- Made the 7th Anniversary Items work via a Promo Token.
- Several Bug fixes including:
- The ability to turn the Spinning Wheel in directions there are not deeds for.
- Players can no longer place one gate on top of another gate.
On July 7, 2005, the following was published:
"On July 7th, 2005 beginning at approximately 7:00PM PDT (July 8th 2:00AM GMT) we will begin bringing down the shards to implement an Emergency Publish that will Delete all Evil Items from the shards.
The Emergency Publish schedule is as follows and we are anticipating each publish window to last approximately 1.5 hours:
- July 7 - 7:00PM PDT (July 8 2:00AM GMT) - Chesapeake, Atlantic, Catskills, Siege Perilous, Legends, Great Lakes, Lake Superior
- July 7 - 8:00PM PDT (July 8 3:00AM GMT) - Pacific, Lake Austin, Baja, Napa Valley, Sonoma, Origin
- July 7 - 9:00PM PDT (July 8 4:00AM GMT) - Yamato, Izumo, Wakoku, Hokuto, Asuka, Mizuho, Mugen, Sakura, Oceania, Europa, Drachenfels
- July 7 - 10:00PM PDT (July 8 5:00AM GMT) - Arirang, Balhae, Formosa
We will let you know when you can begin using your Evil Item claim codes again. Until that time, please do not page a GM or contact customer service about the Evil Items."
On July 20, 2005, the following was published:
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed the Sacrificial Altar so that it no longer breaks when customizing your house
- Evil Items can no longer be duplicated by players (The Evil Items will not be reactivated until next week however.)
- Minor backend adjustments to the Promotional claim system
- Advanced Character Changes:
- When a player with over 200.1 skill points tries to use an Advanced Character Token they will receive a warning window and may opt to have the token returned.
- Added a confirmation window after a player has chosen a template to ensure the proper template has been selected.