Blacksmith Bulk Order Deeds were introduced November 30, 2001 via Publish 14. A character only needs one-tenth of a skill point in Blacksmithy to be eligible to receive a BOD from an NPC. Different BOD types are given out according to skill, but lower level characters can receive BODs more often. The wait time is reduced to nil if you've just handed a BOD in - One technique for collection is to have your low characters receive a large collection of "easy" BODs, fill them all, then have your high level Blacksmith return them all so as to receive a large amount of "hard" BODs quickly.
Completing a BOD
- Visit any NPC Armorer or Blacksmith in one of the many cities.
- Open a contextual menu on your desired NPC.
- Select the "Bulk Order Info" option.
- One of two things can occur:
- A gump will appear with the BOD information.
- The NPC will tell you "An Offer may be available in about X minutes", where X is the number of minutes before you can get another BOD. Try again after the specified amount of time has passed. Blacksmiths with skill levels between 0.1 and 50.0 may receive one BOD per hour; between 50.1 and 69.9, every two hours; between 70.0 and 120, every six hours.
- Accept the BOD by pressing the OK button.
- Craft the number of desired items, using the requested material, and following any other requirements such as being exceptional.
- Double-click the BOD to open the gump and press the "Combine this deed with item requested" option.
- Target the items you have created until the BOD is full.
- Go back to any Armorer or Blacksmith and drop your completed BOD onto the NPC.
- You will then receive your rewards:
- A system message will appear telling you a certain amount of gold has been deposited in your bank box.
- A special item will be placed in your backpack such as a mining tool, a special hammer, etc.
- Turning in a completed bod eliminates the waiting period for your next BOD; you may now request a new BOD immediately - See Publish 32, May 2, 2005
- Sturdy pickaxes and Sturdy shovels
- +1, +3, and +5 Mining Gloves
- +5, +10, +15, and +20 Blacksmithing Power Scrolls
- Gargoyle's Pickaxe
- Prospector's Tool
- Powder of Fortifying
- A colored anvil
- Runic hammers
- +10,+15,+30, and +60 Ancient Hammers
Instead of trying to recreate a reward chart here, it will be better to direct you to the absolutely fantastic chart located on the Tower of Roses website. A big thanks to Chew for creating such a valuable resource!
The old Tower of Roses pages are gone but someone replaced it:
There has been some concern expressed that there may be some minor errors in the above charts - particularly with respect to LBODS involving fencing and 6-part weapons. You can find a VERY detailed explanation of Blacksmith BOD rewards and Blacksmithing in general (without the attractive Tower of Roses charts, unfortunately!) at the following link:
Publish 59 introduced changes in the reward levels of the BODs. Below are links to rewards charts.
If you've noticed a remarkable similarity between this page and the Tailor BOD page, it's not by accident. This page was begun by shamelessly copying from and modeling upon that fine document. Credit goes to JC the Builder for his original creation!