Five on Friday - March 27, 2009
The description for the new Imbuing skill says: "artificers can imbue items with whatever properties they desire." Will it actually work that way? Will we be able to pick and choose what specific properties we can imbue into a weapon? Also, how will the amount of properties and intensities of those properties be decided?
- An artificer’s Imbuing skill level and the materials in her backpack determine what item properties and magic potency she can bestow to an item.
- Imbuing increases in difficulty when an item has more properties and greater magic potency.
- The item cannot possess more than 5 item properties.
- An artificer can only imbue jewelry, melee weapons, missile weapons, armor, and shields.
- The intensity value of an imbued item property cannot exceed the Quality Ranges listed on the following website: http://uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=56
- Items cannot be imbued with item properties that they normally could not have (e.g., Demon Slayer cannot be imbued on armor, +skill item properties cannot be imbued on weapons, etc.) The website referenced above lists the item properties possible for jewelry, melee weapons, missile weapons, armor, and shields.
Why are faction guilds allowed to be allied with non faction guilds? This is a huge imbalance on the fighting field.
They shouldn’t be able to, this is a bug and will be squashed appropriately. If your faction guild is allied with a non-faction guild, please drop the alliance before we do.
Does Dex play a role in stealing? The old FAQs state that higer DEX makes you less likely to be caught.
Apparently not! A quick review accounts for your skill, weight of the item, its value – but not dexterity.
So focus groups were cool. I noticed retribution is still up. Will we be seeing focus groups spring up anytime soon? Maybe before a certian balance pass?
We’re planning on it. Right now, everything is internal since we’re still actively developing systems, content, and the client (which is currently the focus).
Will we ever see modifications to the criminal rule set in Trammel that will incorporate forensic evaluation and real detective work?
Probably not in the near future, but you’ll definitely see more use out of Forensic evaluation in Stygian Abyss.
Fan Site and player run events can now be found here.
At this time we would like to ask all players to page in if they have a “bugged” quivers. If you page in yourself, our GMs are able to fix these. The GMs do ask for your patience as the fix may take some time. Please be advised that if another player pages in on you for having a “bugged” quiver, your account may be subject to punitive actions.
Time to submit those Five on Friday questions you have been wanting answers for. You can submit them here.