Trick or Treat
There are 3 new common treats that can be acquired by visiting NPCs, saying "Trick or Treat" and targeting them; a muffin, a candy corn or a pixie stick. If you have Grandmaster (100) Begging there is a chance that you will be given a small spider web (and possibly other rares). Of course there are many tricks that can be played upon you, from summoning a Changeling that attacks you to instant death and other curses.
- a giant pumpkin muffin
- candy corn
- pixie stick
- pumpkin pizza (very rare)
- creepy cake (very rare)
- murky milk (very rare)
- Mr. Plain's cookies (very rare)
- harvest wine (very rare)
- small web, left and right (very rare)
The last six were gained by a GM Beggar, Mr Plain's Cookies gained with no begging skill.
Originally the rares were stated to be about 2% chance; current production shard testing has gotten 7 rares in 1250 treats; or about 0.5%.
- No apparent effect (likely a polymorph to human male/female that goes unnoticed) Skin turned pale white for a time and then a message saying "You have returned to your normal form"
- Bleeding profusely (harmless)
- Polymorph (as per the Magery polymorph)
- Evil twin/Changeling (all your skills and weaknesses, tries to kill you, and cannot be outrun. You can Gate, Recall, Invisibility or hide to escape; or, let it get you to 1 health where it will unsummon; or kill it. Killing it gets you nothing (no body to loot or spawns in backpack.)
- Insta-death (65,000 damage, body parts - Fame loss does occur)
- "Haunted" Each step the player takes will play a random sound.
A new quest starting in the Yew Courthouse: talk to Jasper and read the book on the table.
- Can be done completely in either Felucca or Trammel.
- Every step required in the chain, skipping steps will keep you from completing the event.
- Event can be done once per character.
- Participating characters must be 15 days old (except for Test Center).
For full step by step details of this quest (including lots of spoilers) see: Halloween 2008 Quest.
Khaldun in Trammel
Khaldun dungeon is temporarily available in Trammel for the duration of Halloween events.
- Shadow Fiends now perfom the life drain attack.
- General increases to HP and stats for Khaldun creatures.
- Slightly increased the spawn rate of Shadow Fiends, Spectral Armors, Zealot of Khaldun Summoners and Zealot of Khaldun Knights.
- Note: Shadow Fiends and Spectral Armor drop loot onto the ground instead of leaving a body.
- Note: Players cannot resurrect inside Khaldun.
Farmers are once again harvesting pumpkins this season. Pumpkins can be picked up from most any farm land. Some of them may be double-clicked and thrown as a fire bomb. Additionally, the named pumpkins may be used with the Cooking skill to prepare food items requiring pumpkin. The pumpkins can weigh anywhere from 3-25 stones and very rarely a black one will spawn.