- Fires a snake at the target, poisoning them in addition to normal damage with a successful hit. The archer must be skilled in poisoning and nimble of hand to achieve success.
- Mana Cost: 25
- Serpent Arrow mechanic: based on your Poisoning skill, Archery skill and Dexterity, you have a chance to apply poison within a certain range of strength.
- Serpent Arrow causes a slight Karma loss when successfully poisoning a victim.
- In order to gain Poisoning skill using this move, you must:
- succeed with the ability (i.e., actually poison the opponent);
- roll a level of poison that's in the correct range for your poisoning skill
- succeed with the skill gain chance roll.
- Due to the Serpent Arrow code being "deeply weird," the chance of gaining Archery skill points while using it are "distressingly small." FoF 5/25/07
No weapons have Serpent Arrow as a primary ability.
Weapons with a secondary ability of Serpent Arrow require 90 or higher in the appropriate fighting skill and Tactics.