Thread of Fate
The Thread of Fate is an item that was found as loot on Dark Wisps during the Blackrock Detector event. They were introduced to gameplay on March 29, 2008 in the alternate Moonglow. Currently they can be acquired by defeating Corrupted Souls found in Magincia (the items drop directly into your pack). Companion to the Thread of Life and Thread of Thought, it's proper use is at the time of writing is unclear.
- The Thread of Fate is a quest item that can be redeemed for rubble furniture. The name of this quest is Threads of Fate and the quest giver is located near the ruined Magincia moongate, both in Trammel and Felucca.
- The Thread of Fate is a quest item that can be redeemed with a Cloak of Corruption for a Cloak Of Death. The name of this quest is Strangers Bearing Gifts - Death and the quest giver, Townsend the Seer or Percival the Seer, is located in front of the Tinker of the Isle shop in Serpent's Hold in Tram and Fel.
Characters with Spirit Speak can hear a special message from each thread by double-clicking it. Most give a different message and only those with the same phrase will stack. Threads gained during the Blackrock Detector event do not stack at all. Here are messages heard from the Thread of Fate:
- "Passion dances with lust, you know what you want."
- "The coldness bursts into flame: for a moment your hatred knows no bounds."
- "For one pure moment absolute joy overwhelms you; you've never felt happier."
- "Regret and remorse fall away at long last: you feel forgiven"
- "Feelings of warmth and appreciation wash over you: you've gained something."
- "Despair and sorrow sink to the depths of your soul: a precious thing was lost."
- "Peace comforts you; the hand of fate gives way to your hope."
- "Indescribable feelings flow through you; your love is returned by another.."
- "A feeling of euphoria envelopes you: something new, something wonderful, something undiscovered!"