Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge
|Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge|
|Release date:||February 12, 2002|
- Ultima Online, the deepest Internet fantasy role-playing experience ever is now revolutionized with over 30 new monsters from the mind of legendary comic book artist Todd McFarlane -- creator of Spawn.™ Players of all levels will be quickly drawn into the world of Britannia with its compelling array of adventures, astonishing lands and multitude of character customization options, including the ability to own your own house or castle. Plus, the dynamic episodic storyline provides continuous excitement and challenge every time you enter the game, UO is truly a world without equal.
Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge, also known as LBR, is Ultima Online's fourth expansion. In addition to the inclusion of 30 new monsters designed by Grammy- and Emmy-winning producer and director Todd McFarlane, Lord Blackthorn's Revenge included:
- Access to the 3D land of Ilshenar for 2D players.
- Over 30 new items to craft, collect, and trade.
- New ongoing fiction tied to in-game events in which players determine the outcome.
- Monster AI oriented toward strategic combat tactics as opposed to simple skill gain.
- Significantly enhanced new player experience
- New player templates adjusted to allow skill gains at a much more manageable rate;
- New player quests;
- New Game Wizard tied to the UO website is available to answer any questions a player may have;
- A fully downloadable version of the New Player Guide;
- New players were to be actively recruited by veteran players to increase both of their strengths and Virtue levels †
- Introduction of a Virtue System.
- New mounts, from the unique to the exotic
† The Humility Virtue was never implemented.
- At the time, to play UO:
- it cost about $10 a month;
- required a minimum CPU class of Pentium (Pentium II 300MHz for 3D client); and
- a minimum RAM of 64 MB.
- EA introduced Lord Blackthorn's Revenge action figures.
|Expansions of Ultima Online|