Client Patch 4.0.0b
- Date: February 14, 2003
- Size: 154,915 bytes
- Notes: None
We are releasing a client patch today, on Friday, February 14th CST, which contains the following changes:
3D clients only
- Players will now have the option to disable screen-shake special effects in the 3D client.
- Players will now have the option to disable swaying trees in the 3D client.
- A fix has been added that will keep vendors from being drawn in moving crates in 3D.
- A fix has been added that resolves a problem opening treasure maps in the 3D client.
- Minimized packs (IE on the paperdoll) will now display item properties in the 3D client.
- Bow/Crossbow animations should play properly in the 3D client.
- Speech from players who have been transformed via Necromancy abilities will now appear in a better position over the player.
Both 2D and 3D clients
- We’ve fixed some issues with equipping a lance and other new weapons.
- The "Last Spell" macro should now work on Non-AoS shards.
- A fix has been added that should make "Cast Spell: Clumsy" macros now work.
- Firesteeds being ridden by players should no longer disappear under some circumstances.
- A bug with disguise kits not displaying facial hair options has been fixed.
- A fix has been submitted to ensure Uzeraan’s mansion displays properly when logging into the game.
- An issue causing customizable houses to not draw completely has been fixed.
- The "Language" option tab has been removed since it is empty.
- A fix has been put in for a problem with carryable weight text word-wrapping on the large status gump.
- "Simple shadows" should now display properly on humans.
- The party manifest should now update correctly when adding new members.
- Pants should now display the proper texture.
The current version should now be 4.0.0b for both the 2D and 3D clients.
If you have any difficulty receiving this patch, please check the following:
- Check the "Patch" directory within your Ultima Online directory (the default location is C:\\Program Files\Ultima Online\Patch). This directory should be empty. Any files in this directory should be deleted.
- If you are unable to connect to the patch server at all, and are using an original (Non-T2A) version of Ultima Online, you may need to update your verinfo file. For details on updating this file, please see the information posted at http://support.uo.com/tech_6.html.
- Run a virus scan on your computer. Undetected viruses may cause conflicts with patching Ultima Online. For information on up-to-date virus detection software, please visit http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/vso/default.asp.
If after trying the above, you are still experiencing difficulty patching the Ultima Online client, please visit this web page.
|Classic Client Patches|
|Third Dawn Client Patches|