To begin an auction:
- Double click the Auction Safe.
- Click the arrow to the left of "Select New Auction Item" and target an item in your backpack. Note that the item now appears locked down on top of the auction safe.
- The item cannot be gold or a container.
- The item must weigh less than 400 stones.
- The item cannot be unvendorable.
- Type a description of the auction into the box next to "Description:". Note: You must click the arrow to the right of the box immediately after typing the description.
- Optionally, change the number of days to let the auction run by clicking the arrow to the right of the number of days.
- Enter an amount (in Platinum and Gold) as the minimum starting bid for the auction. Click the arrow to the left of "Set Starting Bid".
- Optionally, enter an amount as "Buy Now" price for the auction. Click the arrow to the left of "Set Starting Bid". Note: There is a 5% fee if a buyer accepts this option.
- Once you are happy with your options, click the arrow to the left of "Start Auction"
Note: You may not end or modify an auction once a player has bid.
The owner or co-owner can change what characters are allowed to place bids by setting the security of the Auction Safe. This is done by using the context menu on the safe and selecting "Set Security". By default, anyone is allowed to bid.
To place a bid on an item up for auction:
- Double click on the auction safe.
- Enter your maximum bid (in Platinum and Gold) into the boxes. Then click the arrow to the left of "Place Bid".
- If your bid is successful, the amount of your maximum bid will be deducted from your currency account.
How bidding functions:
- If your maximum bid is below the starting bid amount or the maximum bid of another player, your bid will fail and you will receive a message "You have been outbid."
- If your maximum bid is above the starting bid amount and the maximum bids of all other players, your current bid will become the starting bid or highest maximum bid of a player plus 1 gold.
- If another player bids more than your current bid but less than your maximum bid, your current bid will become the amount of of the other player's bid. That player will receive a notification that they have been outbid.
- If another player bids more than your maximum bid, your maximum bid will be returned to your currency account and you will receive a system message that you have been out bid.
- You may bid an amount that is greater than the Buy Now price, but another player may always exercise the Buy Now option. If you are the current winning bidder, you may not exercise the Buy Now option.
- There is currently no way to know from the auction safe what your current maximum bid is.
- There is currently no way to know from the auction safe if you are the winning bidder.
- Upon completion of the auction the owner will receive payment immediately and will be notified by in game message of the outcome.
- Unused funds from the maximum bid in excess of the winning bid will be refunded at the end of the auction when claiming the item.
- The winning bidder has 3 days to retrieve the item from the auction safe or it will revert back to the owner.
- Once the auctioned item has been retrieved the auction safe will once again be available to start a new auction.