Forensic Evaluation is the skill by which a player can deduce certain details of information about other characters or objects. It is rarely used by players and is considered a Useless Skill. The few players who undertake this skill do so mainly for roleplaying purposes. As of Publish 72 it has become an invaluable skill for gaining the Honesty virtue.
Honesty Lost Items
Use Forensic Evaluation skill multiple times on found objects to determine their owner and the city of origin. Turning such items directly into the NPC who lost it is the quickest way to gain in the Honesty virtue. It seems that you need to have at least 40 skill to ID the city of a lost object.
To use the Forensic Evaluation skill to determine information about a corpse:
- Click the blue jewel next to the skill on your skill list.
- Target the corpse.
- If successful, you learn information about the circumstances surrounding the corpse’s demise.
The higher your skill level, the more accurate a description you receive.
Forensic Evaluation can be handy for learning about living characters as well. Targeting a living characters may tell you if he or she is a member of the Thieves Guild.
Curious about who picked the lock on your Treasure Chest? The forensic evaluation skill may tell you who has picked the lock on a chest as follows:
- Click the blue gem next to the skill on your skill list.
- Target the chest.
If successful, you learn who recently picked the lock on the chest. You must be a skilled detective (40 skill or higher) to have a chance at learning this information.
- 0 - 30: Train at NPC Healer or Judge
- 30 - 41: Use skill on corpses - I sat on a roof in a graveyard and dropped down EV's. You can use this skill while invisible and through walls. Jhelom farms is also a good place. If you've got the skills to survive, a Champ Spawn or Painted Caves is good as well.
- 41 - 100: Use the skill on corpses or picked chests (NB: Beyond 55.0 you won't gain anymore on corpses.)
One method is to use the skill repeatedly on a picked paragon chest. Creating a macro that rotates through many is probably a great way to go.
If you are working on Honesty, once you have 41 skill you can train on found items.
I have noticed that if your skill is too low you get the message "You notice nothing unusual"