Item Identification once revealed the hidden magic properties of weapons and armor, but no longer does so as that information is no longer hidden from players and is visible simply by clicking any item. Item Identification is considered a Useless Skill and the few players who undertake this skill do so mainly for roleplaying purposes.
- Professional Title: Merchant
- Maximum Skill Possible: 100.0
- NPC Trainers: Gambler, Gypsy, Jeweler, Merchant Guildmaster, Miner Guildmaster
The battle with the evil lich was long and fierce, and now the rotting corpse lies at your feet, waiting for you to scavenge the gold and loot you fought for. Clutched in the lich’s grasp is a shining magical sword, but what magic lies within? Dare you grab it? With a skill in Item Identification, you can assess the sword and learn the power it embraces.
To use Item Identification you can either set a macro or use the skill icon. Doing so will bring up a targeting cursor and a system message asking, What do you wish to appraise and identify?
Target the item you want to learn about. These are the possible outcomes:
- Failure - A message over your head says,
- You have no idea how much that item might be worth.
- Success - A message over your head says,
- [Name of Item]
- You guess the value of that item at: [amount in gold]
- Failure to identify the imbuing ingredient
- Your imbuing skill is not high enough to identify the imbuing ingredient.
- Success at identifying the imbuing ingredient
To train Item Identification, use the skill and target an item. Each attempt has a chance to raise the skill.
- Item Identification has Anti-Macro Code in place. If there is no skill gained off an attempt, the item targetted in the attempt will not yield a gain until a successful gain on different item is made.
- Identification Wands also once revealed the magic properties of items for players lacking the skill.
- The following table shows the list of properties weapons had before the Age of Shadows expansion.
|Durable||+5 to armor HP||Defense||+5 to AR|
|Substantial||+10 to armor HP||Guarding||+10 to AR|
|Massive||+15 to armor HP||Hardening||+15 to AR|
|Fortified||+20 to armor HP||Fortification||+20 to AR|
|Indestructible||+25 to armor HP||Invulnerability||+25 to AR|
|Accurate||+5 to weapon skill||Ruin||+1 Damage|
|Surpassingly Accurate||+10 to weapon skill||Might||+3 Damage|
|Eminently Accurate||+15 to weapon skill||Force||+5 Damage|
|Exceedingly Accurate||+20 to weapon skill||Power||+7 Damage|
|Supremely Accurate||+25 to weapon skill||Vanquishing||+9 Damage|
|Durable||+10 to item HP|
|Substantial||+20 to item HP|
|Massive||+30 to item HP|
|Fortified||+40 to item HP|
|Indestructible||+50 to item hp|