Arms Lore is a skill used in the crafting of certain items and to identify the condition of a weapon. However as to the latter use, any character can determine the same information via the item's tooltip.
- Professional Title: Warrior
- Maximum Skill Possible: 100
- NPC Trainers: Armorer, Blacksmith, Blacksmith Guildmaster, Weaponsmith, Weapons Trainer, Fighter, Warrior, Mercenary, Paladin, Merchant Guildmaster, and Warrior Guildmaster.
- Gives a +1% Damage Increase bonus to all exceptionally crafted weapons for every 20 skill points (up to +5% at Grandmaster).
- Gives +1% in a random resistance on exceptionally crafted armor for every 20 skill points (up to +5% at Grandmaster)
- these bonuses apply to all crafted weapons (metal or wood) and armors (leather, metal, and wood);
- these bonuses stack, or combine, with properties imparted by Runic Tools.
- 0 - 30: Unlike several skills, there is no accelerated skillgain quest for Arms Lore. Train at an NPC Blacksmith, Armorer, or Warrior Guildmaster
- 30 - 100: Activate the skill, see below. It will take roughly 25 hours to reach 100.0 skill. There is a chance to gain every time the skill is used so you do not have to switch your target or move around. Training can be sped up by using a Scroll of Alacrity and/or training while discorded by a Satyr.
To use Arms Lore you can either create a Macro, take out the Skill Gump Icon, or press the blue button next to its name in the Skill Gump. Doing so will bring up a targeting cursor and a system message asking, "What item do you wish to get information about?"
One of the easier ways is to set create about 200 daggers, secure them in your house as this will be too many too hold, and using Razor, create a macro using Arms Lore, then target a dagger. After this, right click the "Abosolute Target" in your macro, and select "Target by Type." This will randomly select any of the 200 daggers so long as you remain standing near them.
Target the piece of weapon or armor you want to learn about. There are two possible outcomes:
- Failure - A system message says, "You are not certain..."
- Success - A system message says, "You study the item in an attempt to learn more about its craftsmanship and use."
The following tables show the information Arms Lore used to give when the skill was used to assess in-game items.
|Condition of Item||Assessment Response|
|80%||Barely used, with a few nicks and scrapes|
|70%||Fairly good condition|
|60%||Suffered some wear and tear|
|30%||Somewhat badly damaged|
|20%||Flimsy and not trustworthy|
|Effectiveness of Armor|
|Armor Rating||Assessment Response|
|31+||Is superbly crafted to provide maximum protection|
|26 - 30||Offers excellent protection|
|21 - 25||Is a superior defense against attack|
|16 - 20||Serves as sturdy protection|
|11 - 15||Offers some protection against blows|
|6 - 10||Provides very little protection|
|1 - 5||Provides almost no protection|
|0||Offers no defense against attackers|
|Effectiveness of Weapons|
|Average Damage||Assessment Response|
|26||Would be extraordinarily deadly|
|21 - 25||Would be a superior weapon|
|16 - 20||Would inflict serious damage and pain|
|11 - 15||Likely hurt opponent a fair amount|
|6 - 10||Would do some damage|
|3 - 5||Would do minimal damage|
|0 - 2||Might scratch their opponent slightly|