Ever have one of those mornings where you just couldn’t bear to put on the same tunic yet again? With skill in Tailoring, you can make clothing of all styles, colors and patterns, and show off your taste in fashion!
Sadly, the "dressing up" side of Ultima Online is somewhat neglected as many players simply opt to wear Robes over their armor. Nevertheless, with a bit of imagination and a Dying Tub at hand, some fairly impressive costumes can be designed.
There is a special collection of Bulk Order Deeds available for Tailors to fill out. Returning these provides specially colored cloth and other items as rewards. For the Tailor in training, this extra cloth can be used to fill yet more BODs, extending the amount of time before you need to go and collect more resources to work with - For advanced players, Power Scrolls and Runic Sewing Kits may be earnt.
Here's a general list of what to make, but you could start your character with 50 tailoring skill - Save some time and gold. You'll need a Sewing Kit to work with. Also keep a pair of Scissors on hand, or perhaps a Salvage Bag - These can be used to recycle many items back into usable resources.
- 0.0 - 29.0: Buy it from an NPC Tailor
- 29.0 - 41.4: Short Pants (6 Cloth)
- 41.4 - 54: Cloaks (14 Cloth)
- 54 - 72: Robes (16 Cloth)
- 72 - 78: Ninja Tabi (10 Cloth) (This will save some cloth until oil cloth is craftable.)
- 78 - 110: Oil Cloths (1 Cloth) (This part is very slow at times) I have found you can get faster gains in the 90's by making Elven Shirts. They can also be sold back to the tailors for a small profit.
- 110 - 115.0: Cloth Ninja Hoods (13 Cloth)
- 115.0 - 120.0: Studded Hiro Sode (8 Leather)
For a power gaming technique to train this skill see Satyr Trick
An alternative method
- 105 - 110 Garnish Leather Chests Just bite the bullet here and go buy or gather around 20k in regular leather, much faster gains.
- 110 - 117 Gargish Cloth Kilt 6 cloth each (may work to 120) *Confirmed on OSI Shard to 120 4/21/10
- 117 - 120 Gargish Cloth Arms 8 cloth each