Ninjitsu is the main skill of the Ninja, and combines the arts of stealth, espionage and assassination. With it, and the Book of Ninjitsu (purchased from Tokuno Islands scribe NPCs or looted from NPC Ninja), a Ninja can evoke a number of special abilities including transforming into a variety of creatures that give unique bonuses, using stealth to attack unsuspecting opponents or just plain disappear into thin air!
This skill also counts towards your ability to perform Special Moves.
A good suit of properties will make training quicker. Wear 40% Lower Mana Cost and as much Mana Regeneration as you can. Casting Animal Form appears to have no effect on active Meditation; you can double your natural mana regeneration rate during Ninjitsu training sessions if you first activate the meditation skill, remain in the same location, and then cast Animal Form.
- 0 - 40: Purchase training from a NPC at the Ninja Dojo in New Haven. If character is a murderer, you will have to cast Animal Form and turn into a Rat or Rabbit until 50.
- 40 - 50: Complete the new player quest The Art of Stealth.
- 50 - 60: Summon Mirror Images. Attack your mirror images so they will disappear.
- 60 - 70: Use Focus Attack
- 70 - 85: Use Shadow Jump
- 85 - 120: Use Death Strike
Gains may be slow or cease entirely from 57.5 - 60 using Summon Mirror Image. You may wish to start using Focus Attack on your mirror summons. There are 2 different ways to train with Focus Attack and Death Strike. Either attack a pet that is guarding you on the Trammel facet (you must not be in a guild) or summon a Mirror Image to attack on the Felucca facet. Alternatively, Shadow Jump seems to work effectively from 55-70; however, it will not work inside of a player house.
|Animal Form||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||The Ninja can use this spell to take the shape of a beast, granting himself animal-like ability. Animal form gives the Ninja the ability to transform into an animal, gaining special bonuses unique to each type of creature. There are 12 animal forms available to a skilled Ninja. The Ninja cannot use special attacks or cast spells while in animal form, except for Mirror Image and Shadow Jump.|
|Mirror Image||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Creates a Mirror Image of their self, which can absorb a single attack from an enemy before disappearing. Ninjas can create up to 4 Mirror Images at a time, making it quite difficult to determine which Ninja is real.|
|Focus Attack||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Besides giving a small damage bonus, Focus Attack also increases the effectiveness of any magical properties on the weapon the Ninja uses for the attack.|
|Backstab||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Backstab requires the Ninja to be in Stealth mode in order to initiate this special attack. Backstab applies a damage bonus to the attack, matching the Ninjitsu skill.|
|Shadow Jump||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||While in Stealth mode, the Ninja can jump a considerable distance while hidden. Upon landing, the Ninja’s Stealth ability determines if they remain hidden from view.|
|Surprise Attack||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Surpise Attack is an attack that can only be initiated by a Ninja in Stealth mode. It inflicts a defense penalty on the Ninja’s opponent for a short duration.|
|Ki Attack||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||The Ki Attack requires superb timing and quick movement of a well trained Ninja. In order to execute this attack, the Ninja will have to initiate the Ki Attack and then quickly close the distance between himself and his opponent to deliver an effective blow. The farther the Ninja travels to deliver the blow, the higher the damage bonus of his Ki Attack.|
|Death Strike||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||5 seconds after receiving a Death Strike, the Ninja's opponent will suffer damage determined by the number of steps he has taken since the attack, and the average of the Ninja's Hiding and Stealth skills. Ranged weapons only do half the normal Death Strike damage. The damage dealt is far greater if the Ninja’s opponent chooses to run away rather than stand and fight.|
Animal / Minimum Skill / Description:
- Rabbit / 0 / Grants a 20 point bonus to the stealth skill.
- Rat / 0 / Grants a 20 point bonus to the stealth skill.
- Cat / 40 / Increases regeneration rate. The increase is based on your Ninjitsu skill.
- Dog / 40 / Increases regeneration rate. The increase is based on your Ninjitsu skill.
- Giant Serpent / 50 / Inflicts low level poison whenever you strike your opponent with a non-ranged weapon.
- Bullfrog / 50 / Inflicts poison when your enemy damages you at short range.
- Ostard / 70 / Increases movement speed.
- Llama / 70 / Increases movement speed.
- Wolf / 85 / Increases movement speed, grants a bonus to both hit chance and maximum hit points.
- Bake-Kitsune / 85 / Increases movement speed, grants a bonus to both hit chance and maximum hit points.
- Unicorn / 99 / Increases movement speed and grants immunity to low level poisons.
- Ki-Rin / 99 / Increases movement speed and regenerates stamina quickly.
More animal forms are available with the Talisman of the Fey. Those four talismans were introduced as a 8th Anniversary gift. Since the 9th Anniversary, they are also available via Heritage Tokens. Their abilities are:
Animal / Minimum Skill / Description:
- Squirrel / 20 / Transforms you into a Squirrel with no special abilities.
- Ferret / 40 / Transforms you into a Ferret and gives +10 to Stealing skill.
- Cu Sidhe / 60 / Transforms you into a Cu Sidhe which auto-self heals using Bandages.
- Reptalon / 90 / Transforms you into a Reptalon giving you fire breath attacks.