Necromancy is the study of dark magic. With it, and a special book called the Necromancer Spellbook, you can curse your foes, animate the dead, transform into wicked creatures, and summon some of the most deadly spells in the world.
To use the skill, you simply have to cast any of the spells available to you in the spellbook. The more proficient you become at the skill, the more successful you will be at using the spells.
- 0 - 40: Train at NPC Necromancer in New Haven
Wearing a good suit will greatly improve training. The most important property will be 100% Lower Reagent Cost if you don't want to use up any reagents. The next most important would be having 40% Lower Mana Cost. In addition make sure to wear 2 Faster Casting, 6 Faster Cast Recovery, and as much Mana Regeneration as you can.
- 40 - 50: Cast Pain Spike
- 50 - 70: Cast Horrific Beast
- 70 - 90: Cast Wither
- 90 - 100: Cast Lich Form
- 100 - 120: Cast Vampiric Embrace
| Curse Weapon|
An Sanct Gra Char
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||†Briefly enchants the caster's weapon to gain the power of life drain.|
| Blood Oath|
In Jux Mani Xen
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||†Creates a pact between the target and caster. Any damage dealt to the caster by the target is reflected back.|
| Corpse Skin|
In Aglo Corp Ylem
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||†Target becomes vulnerable to fire and poison damage.|
| Evil Omen|
Pas Tym An Sanct
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||The next time the target is hit with magic the results will be enhanced.|
| Pain Spike|
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||†Target temporarily loses health.|
| Wraith Form|
Rel Xen Um
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||†Transforms the caster into a Wraith. The caster gains mana leech and other abilities.|
| Mind Rot|
Wis An Ben
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||†The target of this spell is forced to expend more on mana when using mana.|
| Summon Familiar|
Kal Xen Bal
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||*†The caster can bring forth a pet. Each has their own special abilities.|
| Animate Dead|
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Brings dead creatures back to life which attack nearby monsters.|
| Horrific Beast|
Rel Xen Vas Bal
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||The caster transforms into a great beast with enhanced Hit Point Regeneration and physical attacks.|
| Poison Strike|
In Vas Nox
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Target and adjacent enemies take poison damage.|
Kal Vas An Flam
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Creates a ground frost around the caster which deals cold damage to all valid targets.|
In Bal Nox
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||†Target is cursed and takes poison damage every few seconds until the effect wears off.|
| Lich Form|
Rel Xen Corp Ort
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||The caster transforms into a Lich with increased Mana Regeneration and other abilities.|
Ort Corp Grav
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||*Ghosts in Champion Spawn regions without a corpse are sent to the Chaos Shrine.|
| Vengeful Spirit|
Kal Xen Bal Beh
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||*†Summons a Revenant to attack a choosen target.|
| Vampiric Embrace|
Rel Xen An Sanct
|Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||The caster transforms into a vampire, becoming immune to lower level poisons and is granted other abilities.|
Necromancy scrolls cannot be purchased from NPCs; they can be looted from monsters and chests. It should be noted that only certain monsters carry certain Necromancy Scrolls.
An old stratics thread (link updated in Sept. 2013) provides the following locations for the scrolls:
- Animate Dead: Ratman Mages.
- Blood Oath: Ratman Mages, Evil Mages, Imps, and Nightmares.
- Corpse Skin: Unicorns, Ratman Mages, Imps, and Orc Mages.
- Curse Weapon: Ratman Mages, Evil Mages, and Imps.
- Evil Omen: Ratman Mages and Imps.
- Horrific Beast: Ratman Mages, Imps, and Nightmares.
- Lich Form: Messages in bottles and level 3 Treasure Maps, Daemons, Liches, Evil Mage Lords, and Imps.
- Mind Rot: Ratman Mages and Imps.
- Pain Spike: Ratman Mages, Gargoyles, Imps, Ophidian Apprentice Mages, and Air Elementals.
- Poison Strike: Messages in bottles. Deamons, Liches, Ratman Mages, Imps, and Air Elementals.
- Strangle: Messages in bottles. Deamons, Liches, Evil Mages, Imps, Nightmares, Air Elementals, and Meer Mages.
- Summon Familiar: Imps.
- Vampiric Embrace: Meer Eternals, Tentacles of the Harrower, Dark Father, and The True Harrower.
- Vengeful Spirit: Messages in bottles, Deamons, Liches, Air Elementals, and Nightmares.
- Wither: Messages in bottles, Deamons, Liches, Imps, and Meer Mages.
- Wraith Form: Ratman Mages and Imps.
An alternative to finding scrolls to add to a Necromancer's Spellbook is to complete the Necromancy quest in New Haven (reach 50 in Necromancy skill); the quest reward is a complete Necromancy spellbook.
- Spirit Speak
- http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=89 - Necromancy page on UO.com
- Ilhenir the Stained