Lower Mana Cost
While most items have an upper LMC limit of 8%, there are several artifacts with a LMC greater than 8% (with 15% being the highest known). Crafted spellbooks are limited to a range of 1% to 6% LMC. Total Lower Mana Cost from item properties is capped at 40%.
Publish 81 introduced Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost. Each piece of non-medable armor will provide LMC with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor (up to five pieces) will provide a small percentage of LMC, which is not subject to the item property LMC cap of 40% and is neither shown on the item itself. The armor pieces which provide the most LMC will take priority (see list below):
- Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of LMC per piece
- Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of LMC per piece
- Non-medable and woodland armor provides no inherent LMC.
Thus, as of Publish 81, a character covered in 5 pieces of studded leather can reach an total 55% LMC.
Items with High LMC
- Ornament of the Magician: Bracelet, LMC 10%
- Pendant of the Magi: Necklace, LMC 10%
- Rune Beetle Carapace: Tunic, LMC 15%
- Scrapper's Compendium: Spellbook, LMC 10%
- Conjurer's Grimoire: Spellbook, LMC 10%
- Tome of Lost Knowledge: Spellbook, LMC 15%
- Nystul's Wizard's Hat: Hat, LMC 15%
- Totem of the Void: Talisman, LMC 10%
The following resources are required to imbue the highest intensity of Lower Mana Cost (8%):
Blood Drinker • Battle Lust • Hit Cold Area • Hit Curse • Hit Dispel • Hit Energy Area • Hit Fatigue • Hit Fire Area • Hit Fireball • Hit Harm • Hit Life Leech • Hit Lightning • Hit Lower Attack • Hit Lower Defense • Hit Mana Drain • Hit Mana Leech • Hit Physical Area • Hit Poison Area • Searing Weapon • Splintering Weapon • Hit Stamina Leech
|Death & Theft||Blessed • Cursed • No-Drop/No-Trade • Insured • Owned By|
Artifact Rarity • Brittle • Defense Chance Increase • Durability • Elves Only • Enhance Potions • Ephemeral • Gargoyles Only • Lifespan • Lower Requirements • Luck • Mana Burst • Mana Phase • Night Sight • Self Repair • Skill Bonus • Strength Requirement • Uses Remaining • Weight