No-Drop/No-Trade is an item property which denotes that the item cannot be traded via the trade window and cannot be removed from a character's backpack, unless it is to place the item in a Trash Barrel. According to MrTact, the No-Drop/No-Trade system was added, "specifically to keep the event items unique."
On the whole, No-Drop/No-Trade items are quest items. The items obtained during or for the completion of a quest were never intended to be used for any other purpose. Therefore, a character cannot drop or trade them.
Some players have reported that they cannot get rid of No-Drop/No-Trade items at all. MrTact says:
- "As for not being able to trash these items - that’s not how they’re supposed to work. If you encounter this situation, please email  with the details."
Players with items stuck in their character's backpack are advised to
- try completing the quest that originally awarded the item
- try to put the item in a trash barrel, and
- finally, page a GM to help.
- A survey of game forums indicate that complaints related to the No-Drop/No-Trade system are largely that it is unrealistic.
- The developers acknowledge that No-Drop/No-Trade is, " a pain for those who want to display these items in your house. This is a feature we can look at adding in the future."