The Painted Caves is a small dungeon that was introduced with the Mondain's Legacy expansion. It is located in the small mountain range west of Trinsic, the same range that also has the Hidden Valley.
- Troglodytes inhabit this cave. They are giant cavemen who have the ability to heal themselves with bandages.
- The troglodytes also have some pet dogs and cats.
- There is a bit of a rat and giant rat infestation as well.
- Lurg and Grobu dwell in the back part of the cave.
- Neither of these mini-boss monsters use magic or any other "tricks", other than Lurg's ability to heal himself with bandages like all troglodytes.
- On Grobu's corpse you will find a Grobu's Fur.
- Grobu is aggressive, but you lose karma if you kill him. A common tactic to get Lurg away from him is to lure him near the entrance to the cave, then run back to Lurg before Grobu can chase you.
- Grobu and Lurg are both solo-able, but it's a pretty rough ride.
- As do all named beasts in the UO:ML dungeons, Lurg and Grobu both give out artifacts.
- Normal trogs drop "Primitive Fetishes," which are used in a quest.
- A sharp eye will uncover a hidden word.