Within the caves are found the Solen race, a race of semi-intelligent, dangerous ants. They are also home to a select few other insectoids as well. Accessed via various holes in Sosaria's soil, adventurers may take advantage of a few quests within.
The upper levels of the caves are mostly populated by Solen Workers, though the lower levels also house Solen Warriors and Solen Queens. Those who venture to the center of the Hive will discover the Solen Matriarch dwelling in a hub of passages leading back to the surface.
While even an unmounted wanderer will have little trouble evading the threats within, some experience in battle is recommended before venturing downwards.
- 75-41 North 90-37 East
- Directly SW of the Minoc Moongate, this is by far the easiest to locate. The North Eastern entrance.
- 71-1 North 27-54 East
- North of Compassion, between the two mountain ranges.
- 102-7 South 25-56 East
- Near Trinsic. The South Western entrance.
- 14-57 North 41-58 West
- Near the entrance to Sanctuary. The North Western entrance.
Each path houses a nest of the Solen filled with egg sacs. A fifth, secret nest, may be accessed by using Green Thorns on sand tiles.
Points of Interest
- Much Zoogi Fungus may be found laying about the caves.
- Solen Queens drop Balls of Pet Summoning and Bracelets of Binding on occasion.
- The rare Giant Beetles and Ant Lions may be found in some segments of the cave.
- Dread Spiders have set up home in the South Western area. A Strange Contraption can also be found nearby.
- A special level of the hive can only be accessed by "planting" a Green Thorn in a desert area. The special hive level is the source of rare fire red seeds.
- A source of specially colored plant Seeds.
- Provides large amounts of Powder of Translocation, and the friendship of the Hive.
- Solen Worker
- Solen Warrior
- Solen Queen
- Giant Beetle
- Ant Lion
- Dread Spider
- Ambitious Solen Queen
- Solen Matriarch