Rate Over Time
ROT doesn't kick in for a given skill until it reaches 70. Any skills above this range will be subject to the following rules:
- Skills between 70.0 to 79.9 can gain 0.1 every 5 minutes (each).
- Skills between 80.0 to 89.9 can gain 0.1 every 8 minutes (each).
- Skills between 90.0 to 99.9 can gain 0.1 every 12 minutes (each).
- Skills between 100.0 to 109.9 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes (each).
- Skills between 110.0 to 120.0 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes (each).
- 15 Statistics points can be gained per day.
- The end of the ROT "day" is 8pm EST/1am GMT.
As the wait timer is on a "per skill" basis, it's far easier to train multiple skills at once. For example, if you cast a spell, you'll be exercising Magery, Evaluating Intelligence, then Meditation and Focus to replace the lost mana.
Note that skills in the ROT ranges that are eligible for a gain WILL gain when you attempt to use them, regardless of whether you succeed that attempt or not. This means that skills which normally require "grinding" large amounts of resources to train can be done relatively cheaply, as you can potentially gain off every single attempt through good timing.