Criminals (or grays) are characters who have recently broken the law. They may be freely attacked in guard zones, and their corpses looted by all.
Becoming a criminal
Blue characters who break the law (regardless of whether they are in a guard zone at the time) change in status to gray. Such illegal activities include:
- Stealing from a NPC or player (assuming you're caught!).
- Healing or otherwise buffing a gray or red character.
- Attacking and/or killing another blue character.
- Looting a corpse you do not have the rights to.
- Casting the Polymorph spell.
After a few of minutes (2 minutes minimum) without performing illegal actions you will return to the status of an Innocent.
As a criminal, you are penalized in similar ways as a Murderer.
- Cannot call the guards to your defense.
- Cannot recall, gate, or sacred journey.
- Cannot give Murder Counts to those who attack you.
- Anyone may legally loot your corpse.
- There is no Karma or status penalty for harming/killing/robbing a criminal.
Many of these penalties are redundant unless your character is in Felucca, as you may only rob/harm other characters there.