Halloween 2009 brought back some popular Halloween-related activities from previous years as well as new additions and special items to celebrate the holiday. It was a major part of Publish 62 and ended November 15, 2009.
Event Loot Items
Special event-themed loot was found as loot on some monsters:
Trick or Treat
There were 5 new common treats. Simply walking up to an NPC and saying "Trick or Treat" and then targeting them.
Beware - NPC's may opt to play a trick on players instead of giving them a treat. However, this year there will be no death involved but players may still be surprised at what can happen.
If a character has Grandmaster (100.0 skill) Begging there was a small chance to receive one of two new rare items.
- Creepy Cake
- Harvest Wine
- Murky Milk
- Mr. Plain's Cookies
- Pumpkin Pizza
- Small Web(left or right, same as Halloween 2008)
GM Beggar-only Semi-Rare Treats
- Grim Warning
- Skulls on a Pike
New 2009 Tricks
Instead of an Evil Twin which would attack you in years past, a Naughty Twin could appear which would:
- Teleport you to a random moongate on same the facet.
- Steal some of your candy
- No apparent effect (likely a polymorph to human male/female that goes unnoticed) Skin turned pale white for a time and then a message saying "You have returned to your normal form"
- Bleeding profusely (harmless)
- Polymorph (as per the Magery polymorph)
- "Haunted" Each step the player took played a random sound.
A new quest starting at the Court of Truth in Yew: Speak with Jasper the Inspector there.
- Can be done completely in either Felucca or Trammel.
- Every step required in the chain, skipping steps will keep you from completing the event.
- May be repeated.
- Participating characters must be 15 days old (except for Test Center).
For full step by step details of this quest (including lots of spoilers) see: Halloween 2009 Quest.
Farmers once again could harvest pumpkins this season. Pumpkins could be picked up from most any farm land. Some of them may be double-clicked and thrown as a fire bomb. Additionally, the named pumpkins may be used with the Cooking skill to prepare food items requiring pumpkin. The pumpkins can weigh anywhere from 3-25 stones and very rarely a Jack O' Lantern will spawn.
Jack O' Lanterns
Very rarely, a named pumpkin spawned as a large Jack O' Lantern with a carved face. They spawned in a variety of designs and can be locked down in a player's home and left lit or unlit.
- 2009 List