Bulk Order Deed
Bulk Order Deeds (commonly abbreviated as BOD) were introduced for the Blacksmith skill on November 30, 2001. The concept behind it was to create a system in which crafters could make goods for NPCs and get rewards. It was originally intended that all craft skills would eventually see BODs. But after the addition of Tailor BODs in Publish 16, the development team decided the system was not performing as originally intended. It is unclear whether BODs will ever be added for another craft skill. See also, Publish 19 - Bulk Order Books.
- Update December, 2016: Publish 95 adding more skills to the BOD system and introducing adjustments via the Artisan Festival.
In order to get a BOD, you must have at least 0.1 in the required skill. To receive one you go up to the proper NPC and open a contextual menu. Select the get BOD now option. If it is time you to receive a BOD a gump will appear detailing what the NPC wants you to make, how many of the desired item, and any special requirements. You can either decline or accept the order. If it is not time for you to receive a BOD, the NPC will tell you so with the remaining time in minutes
Obtaining Bulk Order Deeds
- NPCs will now allow cache up to 3 bulk order deeds for players
- All BODs are limited to one every six hours; this is no longer dependent on crafting skill level
- The system will “cache” up to 18 hours worth of BOD give outs
- Players may claim all 3 deeds in quick succession
- Turning in a BOD adds a new deed to the cache (up to 3)
* Example: Log in after 18 hours and receive 3 deeds * Example: Receive 3 deeds, then turn in 3 filled deeds, and immediately receive 3 new deeds
Bulk Order Bribery
- Players may now grease the palms of NPCs that give out Bulk Order Deeds
- The NPC will accept a bribe from the player in order to upgrade a BOD to a better one
- Upgrades: Quantity, Quality, Material
- Can only upgrade completely empty deeds
- NPCs will become more greedy over time and ask for higher bribes
- Higher level deeds also require higher bribes
- NPCs who are bribed frequently will come under Guild scrutiny, and stop accepting bribes for a short time
- To start the process, select the Bribe context menu option on the NPC, and follow the instructions!
Bulk Order Points & Rewards
- As of Publish 95, BODs now have a Point Value which are used immediately upon turn-in, or "banked" at a loss for future use
- Major criticism and concern abounds in crafting circles regarding the point value of the BODs as related to the cost of materials to fill them
A 20-Dagger/Iron/Exceptional uses much less resources than a 20-Halberd/Iron/Exceptional, yet both BODs are valued for the same 250 points (or 5.0 banked points) at turn-in
- Points are used to purchase various rewards related to the skill of the BOD
Types of BODs
There are currently two types of BODs, small and large.
The Small BODs (sometimes abbreviated SBOD) require only that you make one item. Once completed you may turn in the BOD right away to the appropriate craft NPC.
Large BODs are where you get the most desirable rewards. In order to complete a Large BOD (sometimes abbreviated LBOD), you must collect all the smaller BODs it requires. This is what makes them so difficult to complete. Once you have collected all the nesessary small BODs, you fill them and add them to the large BOD. Once complete, turn in the large BOD to the appropriate craft NPC.
Visit the Blacksmith BOD page for more information.
Visit the Tailor BOD page for more information.
Visit the Alchemy BOD page for more information.
Visit the Inscription BOD page for more information.
Visit the Tinkering BOD page for more information.
Visit the Fletching BOD page for more information.
Visit the Carpentry BOD page for more information.
Visit the Cooking BOD page for more information.