Halloween 2017 went live on October 1st and is scheduled to end in early November. It was introduced with Publish 98.
Butchers can be found haunting graveyards around Britannia. In addition to casting high level Necromancy spells, they also summon hordes of undead to defend themselves. When defeated, a pumpkin carving kit can be found on their corpse roughly 50% of the time.
This can be used on Carvable Pumpkins to carve them into 1 of 9 designs for Orange Pumpkins, 1 of 2 designs for Green Pumpkins, and/or 1 of 2 designs for new Round Carvable Pumpkins.
Once again farmers can harvest pumpkins this season. The larger pumpkins bear the names of Developers and Event Moderators. If one tries pick it up, it turns into a Killer Pumpkin. After defeating a Killer Pumpkin carvable pumpkins can be found in the corpse. These pumpkins can be carved using the carving kit found on Butchers.
- Green Carvable Pumpkin
- Carvable Pumpkin
- Obsidian Skull (Unconfirmed)
- Crystal Skull (Unconfirmed)
- Jade Skull (Unconfirmed)
Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat items can be obtained by simply walking up to an Npc, saying "Trick or Treat" and then targeting them.
Beware - NPC's may opt to play a trick on players instead of giving them a treat.
If a character has Grandmaster (100.0 skill) Begging there is a small chance to receive a special treat:
GM Beggar-only Semi-Rare Treats
New Items Added
Per the UO.com Halloween Gifts page:
- (graveyards) new skeletons in a variety of styles with a chance of rare hues.
- (pumpkin patches) new round pumpkin to carve into two new designs, an owl and cat.
- (trick or treat) new treat, the flaming scarecrow. Hover help shows as "Scarecrow". However, when double-clicked, it bursts into flames. Double-click again to extinguish the flames.
- Temporarily changes the hue of the character's body and equipped items. Hued clothing can be used to obtain 'two-tone' or 'Halloween' cloth that comes in 144 - 156 different colors (see: Metallic Dye Tub).
- Bleeding profusely (harmless)
Also, a Naughty Twin could appear which would:
- Teleport you to a random moongate on the same facet.
- Steal some of your candy.