The following is a list of changes deployed as Publish 45 on May 25, 2007.
Stat Gain Changes
The stat gain system has changed on all non-Siege Perilous ruleset shards:
- Only when a player character advances in a skill or is at the skill cap for that skill, he/she may gain a stat point.
- All skills now have a primary and secondary stat. The primary stat will rise 75% of the time. The secondary stat will rise 25% of the time. If the primary stat is not set to “gain”, the secondary stat will be chosen. If the primary and secondary stats are both locked or set to “decrease”, neither stat will rise.
Note: If a stat is at the maximum individual stat cap of 125 and is not locked, it can be chosen, but it will not rise.
- The chance that a stat will increase on any given skill gain is 1 in 20.
- Purchasing skill training from an NPC will not raise stats.
- There is no longer a cap on how many stat points you can gain in any given time period
- The Poisoning skill will now have a chance to rise whenever a player successfully poisons a victim while using the special maneuvers: Infecting Strike and Serpent Arrow. Higher skill levels will require the use of higher level poisons in order to have a chance to gain.
- Khaldun puzzle boxes no longer float to the ceiling
- Using a Scroll of Alacrity now gives you a confirmation option before taking effect
- Potions of the same type and intensity now stack
- Fixed an issue with Blackrock mining
- Fixed a bug with the Chivalry/Faster Casting cap
- Undead in Old Haven have gained an immunity to blackrock infection
- Fixed a bug that was preventing players from getting through the Hedge Maze properly
- The Escutcheon de Ariadne now has a lower minimum strength and increased durability.
- Fixed issues with accelerated skill gain where the acceleration was not properly taking effect in certain circumstances
- Fixed an issue where Hirelings were taking up Follower Slots before they were actually paid gold.
- Fixed a bug preventing the use of Item Bless Deeds
- Fixed issue with Jacob’s Pickaxe where it was not regenerating charges correctly
- Items that have had their stats altered and which had not been updated properly will now have the correct values, including the Haven Quest reward items
- Fixed issue with stats going over the cap. Characters that have been forced over the cap will fix themselves via normal gameplay
On June 6, 2007, the following was published:
- Infecting Strike and Serpent Arrow will now cause a slight karma loss when successfully poisoning a victim with these special maneuvers.
- Fixed some issues with stacking certain potions
- Fixed a number of world art issues in legacy and KR
- The New Haven Bake Shop is open for business!
- (KR) Fixed issue with house placement tools not working after you cross a server line
- Fixed bug that caused cure potions to fail more often when used with high Enhance Potions
- Fixed bug with the Healing skill that potentially caused “slips” to reduce damage healed by more than was intended
- Fixed issue with the targeting cursor and dragging items
On June 8, 2007, the following was published:
- (KR) The War Mode button will highlight correctly in the Basics Tutorial
- (KR) Ninja character templates created using the KR client were being created with 0 skills. They will now have skill points allocated. (Known Issue: The Ninja template is supposed to have 30 Stealth - currently it has 0 Stealth. This will be fixed in an upcoming publish)
- (KR) Server-side update to facilitate changes in an upcoming client patch. These will not be visible until the client patch is released.
On June 27, 2007, the following was published:
(NOTE: The following changes only affect the KR client unless otherwise marked)
- Fixed bug preventing certain gates from being passable in customized houses
- Fixed several miscellaneous crash bugs
- Added capability to edit multiple books at the same time
- Players will no longer get the “Your pet was unable to join you” message if they have no pets
- Fixed several bugs that could cause the Basics Tutorial to stall
- Fixed bugs with elf skin color in character creation
- Newly-created ninjas should now have the correct skills
- Tillermen should be able to correctly respond to commands
- The object name “Ossian Grimoire” should display correctly
- Players should be able to change their custom house foundation styles
- Players can now add to their friends list via unique ID even when the friend is offline
- Fixed bug where spectral spellbinders would continue to attack dead or invisible players
- Tutorial will not break if you right-click loot instead of drag-and-drop loot
- Books should look better when equipped
- Right-clicking on the titlebar of any windown with a blue “x” will close the window
- Fixed bug with chivalry spells repeating on the first and second pages
- Fixed bug with community collection reward button
- Partial fix for scrollbars not working
- Sending a bug report now generates a confirmation message
- Numeric stat values should display correctly
- The aquarium gump and text should appear (note: the art is not yet implemented)
- Fixed an issue where a certain type of metal gate in customized housing was not opening
- Added a gump for the thief’s disguise kit
- Fixed a bug where adding or removing an item from your inventory would cause the inventory window to scroll to the top
- Added shop waypoints to the map
- Fixed display issues with the buff/debuff icons
- Added gumps for banner deeds that will allow you to pick and place banners
- Large forges should display properly
- (Both) Fixed issue with bridges in the hedge maze being impassable
- Quest givers now have waypoints associated with them on the map
- Quest waypoints should disappear when a quest is quit
- Fixed bug with using items from equipment slots on the paperdoll
- Fixed issue with Tokuno not showing up in the moongate list for new characters
- Players can now read and edit in-game books (Known Issue: editing is still somewhat buggy)
- KR should now load in Windows 98
- The katana in the basics tutorial will now spawn on the table instead of the ground
- Added a sound effect when Gwen pops up
- Added Bulletin Board gump
- Added support for weather effects
- (Both) Custom characters can now be created with 120 skill points, to match templated characters
- (Both) The Candle of Love event has been disabled
- (Both) Enhance potions should affect Cure potions correctly even against high poison levels
- Must be participating in Basics Tutorial in order to receive the quest from Hogarth
- (Both) Running into a Troll on the bridge in the Hedge Maze should not get you stuck
- (Both) Fixed bug preventing factions stone gumps from updating properly
- All new characters should be started at the Basics Tutorial
- The War Mode button will highlight correctly in the Basics Tutorial
- Ninja character templates created using the KR client were being created with 0 skills. They will now have skill points allocated. (Known Issue: The Ninja template is supposed to have 30 Stealth - currently it has 0 Stealth. This will be fixed in an upcoming publish)
- Server-side update to facilitate changes in an upcoming client patch. These will not be visible until the client patch is released.
On June 29, 2007, the following was published:
- Fix for fountains being unable to redeed properly
On July 2, 2007, the following was published:
- Made a backend change to the quest system
On July 16, 2007, the following was published:
- The NPE Helper will bark less often
- Added a Blacksmith Trainer in the New Haven mining area
- Jillian the Inscription Instructor should again appear in the Mage School
- Added server changes for good and evil gumps
- Players should now be able to retake a one-time-only quest they have resigned
- Fixed issue with gaining the secondary stats for certain skills
- Fixed issues with character faces changing on death
- Quest givers will no longer bark to stealthed players
On July 26, 2007, the following was published:
- Pet statuettes in the trade window should now be the hue of the pet to be traded