Built from metal, these hulking brutes are the resulting abomination of a marriage between machination and magic. Initially created for sinister purposes, these “iron men” are formidable foes, able to deliver stunning blows that can render their victims immobile. Their hard, metallic exterior protects them from most magic spells, and provides a stalwart barrier against weapons. They are not invincible, but they are certainly a challenge to defeat. Only the hardiest of adventurers should even attempt to cross a golem’s path.
Through research, Britannia’s society of Tinkers have successfully discovered the means to create these metal giants and control them. (See: Tinkered)
|Resistances||35 - 55||100||10 - 30||10 - 25||30 - 40|
Advanced Tinkered Golems built with a Gadgetry Table
With Publish 85 Gadgetry Tables have been introduced. They allow the creation of an advanced tinkered golem once a day. Gadgetry Tables are house addons. Having the Tinker skill will assist making these advanced golems more powerful. Starts with capped skills: no training necessary.
Tinkered golems are much like their non-tinkered cousins. They are made with metal, and are brought to life through magic. However, due to the method in which they are created, their toughness is dependent on the skills of their maker. Many people, of various professions, find tinkered golems to be excellent companions, as they are able to follow commands much like tamed creatures, and they can be fiercely protective of those that they consider friends.
To contruct a golem, you need to have at least 70.0 in the Tinkering skill, as well as the following ingredients:
Once these parts have been collected into your pack, double click the Assembly to create the Golem. You'll need three pet control slots free to do this.
Some various points about tinkered golems:
- The relative strength of a tinkered golem is entirely dependant upon the skill of the tinker who makes it.
- Golems can only be "healed" by a Tinker through repairing using Tinker's Tools and ingots. (Gift of Renewal works as well) Any level of Tinker can repair the Golem but higher the skill, the greater success.
- Tinkered golems require no taming or lore skill to create, own, or control.
- Tinkered golems have very high poison resist. Originally, they always had 100% poison resist, which resulted in them not fighting back if hit with a 100% poison damage weapon, due to them never taking damage and thus not having any reason to aggro their attacker. Due to this quirk, tinkered golems became a very popular tool for training melee skills, as well as Archery, and Magery with a -magery weapon. As this inevitably lead to unattended training on golems, tinkered golems were patched in Publish 37 to have 99% poison resist. Unfortunately, this did little to fix the problem, for two main reasons:
- The fix was easily worked around with creative use of pet commands.
- The fix was not retroactive, thus resulting in all tinkered golems existing at the time of the fix maintaining their 100% poison resist. A fair number of these "pre-patch" golems still exist to this day, although their prices are in the tens of millions.
|First Seen||Gargoyles' Redemption||Pack Instinct||None|
|Strength||251 - 350||Hit Points||151 - 210|
|Dexterity||76 - 100||Stamina||76 - 100|
|Intelligence||101 - 150||Mana||101 - 150|
|Barding Difficulty||78.4||Taming Difficulty||N/A|
|Base Damage||13 - 24||Preferred Foods||None|
|Wrestling||60.1 - 100.0||Poisoning||None|
|Tactics||60.1 - 100.0||Magery||None|
|Resisting Spells||150.1 - 190.0||Evaluating Intelligence||None|
|Chivalry||Special Abilities||Immune to Level 5 Poison and below. Immune to barding abilities.|
|Resists and Damage|
|Resistances||35 - 55||50 - 60||10 - 30||99-100||30 - 40|