The following is a list of changes deployed as Publish 39 on February 16, 2006.
New Player Improvements
- New Player Guided Tour System: Guided New Player experience added in conjunction with the release of the Japanese “Starter Kit”. Will be available (and skippable) to all new characters upon initial log-in.
- Font Improvements: Two new bold English fonts that make the text easier to read. Also changed the default speech font color to a readable yellow color.
- Default layout: A new default layout that will make it easier for new and returning players navigate the interface. The default gameplay window size has also been set to the larger 800x600 option.
- Spring Décor Collection items: This is a set of house decoration items to be included in the Japanese “Starter Kit” available in February. These items will be available to other territories through uogamecodes.com beginning in March.
- Quest updates and additions: 12 new quests that help the new players get familiar with the game.
Interface and Art Additions/changes
- Added new artwork for Dragon Armor and the Helm of Swiftness.
- Changed the character status screen artwork to make it more streamlined.
- Added new Login screen artwork for the 2D Client.
- Added sticky health bars for all targetables.
- Mouse wheel scrolling support has been added for the 2D client.
- Menu Bar can now be moved in 2D client
- Adjusted the 3D character and creature models to make them fit more inline with the world.
- Object Handles will stick where they appear to make targeting moving objects easier.
Bug Fixes – Exploits
- Players will no longer be able to attack Mirror Images to gain skill or cause harm to other players in Trammel.
- Changed the Mirror Image special ability so that it will no longer cause players to get “guard whacked” when used by other players.
- Travesty will now cause damage when mimicking a player with a non-weapon (Fishing Pole, Candle, etc.).
- Energy field will no longer cause players to be flagged as aggressive in Trammel.
- Players will no longer be able to area of effect rez ghosts through house walls with Noble Sacrifice.
- Players will no longer be able to provoke pets on other players in a guard zone to get them guard killed.
- Now that the snows have begun to melt, and the Winter Solstice has passed into history, a Bag of Sending can no longer be compelled to send white cloth, or any other quest object, through the etheral void.
Other Bug Fixes
- Lethal Dart Quest and Broken Shaft Quest will now work properly.
- Ossian Grimoire can no longer be “blessed” by leaving in a secured bag overnight on Siege.
- Helm of Swiftness can now be repaired.
- Helm of Swiftness obtained from a Peerless minor Paragons can now be worn by Humans and has been assigned the correct resists.
- Changed two areas on Dreadhorn Island so they no longer teleport players out of the dungeon.
- Mondain’s 300th Anniversary Coin is now movable and will no longer become un-locked if in a house nor will they be stackable.
- Damage from all Archery weapons has been adjusted Some underpowered bows have been enhanced and some overpowered bows have had power reductions.
- You can now trade regular blessed items. Personal blessed items still may not be dropped in the trade window.
- Changed the way the Aminia Werewolf Quest spawns creatures.. This should eliminate problems with duplicate spawns.
- Animal Form now has a recovery time of 2.5 seconds. Faster Casting Recovery 6 will reduce this to 1 second.
- Animal form now costs 10 mana to cast.
- “Streakiness” in the random number generator should be improved. As a side effect “8x8” will no longer work.
- Flying creatures (Dragons/Drakes) no longer fall through surfaces when they are killed. This will make it easier to loot their corpses.
- Ancient Wyrms no longer spawn in or walk through stalagmites in Destard.
- Changed message player receives when they are Squelched and try to speak to "You cannot say anything at this time, you have been muted."
- Made game balance changes to the Delucia Passage to make it more challenging to defeat the Dread Spiders.
- House transfers are no longer allowed if the house exceeds the buyer's storage capacity (Non Mondain's Legacy account)
Gender and Name Change
- Warning text and a link to the uo.com information pages were added to Name and Gender Change gumps.
- When changing gender to male, players will now have the ability to select a facial hair style.
On April 25, 2006, the following was published:
"Today, Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 we will be deploying an ERT Publish worldwide as follows:
- April 25 - 3:00PM PDT (10:30PM GMT) - Pacific, Lake Austin, Baja, Napa Valley, Sonoma, Origin
- April 25 - 3:30PM PDT (10:00PM GMT) - Chesapeake, Atlantic, Catskills, Siege Perilous, Legends, Great Lakes, Lake Superior
- April 25 - 4:00PM PDT (11:00PM GMT) - Europa, Drachenfel, Oceania
- April 25 - 5:00PM PDT (April 26 - Midnight GMT) - Arirang, Balhae, Formosa
- April 25 - 5:30PM PDT (April 26 - 12:30AM GMT) - Yamato, Izumo, Wakoku, Hokuto, Mizuho, Mugen, Sakura, Asuka
We are expecting each publish window downtime to last approximately one hour."