Dread Horn is a corrupted unicorn, the Peerless boss of the Twisted Weald dungeon. He is the easiest peerless for a Sampire. In a group any template would do as long as you have a tank and one player focuses on curing. Once you have some experience, you will find that getting the keys is more difficult than the fight itself. Occasionally, Dread Horn teleports people to himself and poisons them. A fast Arch Cure caster or a crate of greater cure potions will come in handy, since Dread loves to poison everyone. Orange petals do not work -- Dread's poison is too strong (level 6?). He also has a special ability which will reduce all your stats (strength, dexterity, intelligence) by 20, which can be difficult in combination with his magic attacks. This lasts 60 seconds. Having Resisting Spells is a boon in this instance.
|Dread Horn Statistics|
|Spawn Locations||Twisted Weald|
|Fame||Level 5||Slayer Vulnerability|
|First Seen||Mondain's Legacy||Pack Instinct||None|
|Special||Artifacts (Peerless), Peerless Reagents, Dread Horn Mane, Dread Horn Tainted Mushroom, Crimson Cincture||Cut Up||5 Cut of Raw Ribs, 16 Hides, 8 Dragon's Blood|
|Strength||878 - 993||Hit Points||50,000|
|Dexterity||581 - 683||Stamina||581 - 683|
|Intelligence||1223 - 1275||Mana||1223 - 1275|
|Barding Difficulty||160.0||Taming Difficulty||N/A|
|Base Damage||21 - 28||Preferred Foods||Meat|
|Resisting Spells||110.0||Evaluating Intelligence||110.0|
|Chivalry||Special Abilities||Teleports players to itself, AE Poison Attack, stats -20|
|Resists and Damage|
|Resistances||40 - 55%||50 - 65%||50 - 65%||65 - 75%||60 - 75%|
For groups of mages, pumping out endless Earth Elementals is a simple but effective way to beat Dread Horn. He will dispel some, but the elementals deal/take OK damage because of the armor/damage types, and their aggressive AI will usually keep Dread Horn from targeting the mages. Two mages with lots of Mana Regeneration should be able to cast enough elementals to take him down. Tamers will want to take pets with excellent poison resistance and good physical resistance, so as to reduce the amount of pet healing required. The constant poisoning can make it difficult to heal pets before they die. The Cu Sidhe's ability to sometimes cure itself of poison can be helpful in this regard. Arctic Ogre Lords are also quite popular since they have 100% poison resist (this eliminates 60% of Dread Horn's melee damage).
His special ability that reduces your stats by 20 for 60 seconds does stack with curse, weaken, and feeblemind, which Dread Horn also sometimes uses. (Your stats will never be reduced below the minimum of 10 points, however.) Resisting Spells helps with the stat loss from curse but not with the special ability.
- Main article: Dreadhorn (Quest)
- Six keys are required: Blighted Cotton, Thorny Briar, Gnaw's Fang, Irk's Brain, Lissith's Silk, and Sabrix's Eye. All the keys spawn with a 7 day countdown timer, which should be plenty of time to collect them all.
- Drop the keys on the small statue called "The Statue of the Fey" in the southeast corner of the Twisted Weald dungeon (i.e. the swamp area past the desert).
- When you have done that, three Essence of the Wind will spawn in your back pack. These keys come with a 10-minute countdown timer, giving you a limited time to prepare your party for the final battle. Double click the master key to send you and your party to Dread Horn's island (located just to the west of the swamp area).
- Once Dread Horn spawns, your party has 2 hours to defeat Dread Horn, after which he will just disappear if you haven't killed him. You can depart the island by walking to the boat on the left-hand side.
Resources & Loot
|Name||Description||Frequency of Drop|
|Pristine Dread Horn||Used by carpenters to make the Mounted Dread Horn house add-on||Rare (5% approx)|
|Dread Horn Tainted Mushroom||Comes in four types, one of them very rare. Decorative||Common (50%?)|
|Mangled Head of Dread Horn||Decorative, cannot be used for a mounted Dreadhorn add-on||Common (50%?)|
|Horn of Dread Horn||Decorative||Uncommon (10% approx)|
|Dread's Revenge (Kryss)||Fencing +20, Hit Poison Area 30%, HCI 15%, SSI 50%, Poison Damage 100%||Rare (< 5%?)|
|Dread Flute||700 Charge Flute with replenishing charges. It plays the deep, melancholy, mourning sound of the undead monster called a spectre. It looks like a bluish horn of the Dread Horn.||Rare (<5%?)|
|Dread Horn Mane||Ingredient for Craftable Artifacts||Always|
Each Mondain's Legacy peerless will drop 8 mixed items (total) from the following group: