Acid Slimes are a quest-related monster for the Pursuit quest that will only spawn for a certain number of days before ceasing in late January 2009, according to the Japanese UO website. The location of the acid slime spawn changes daily and the location varies by shard. Also, a new hue of acid slime will appear every two days. Acid slimes first appeared with Publish 57.
When found, the slimes appear as an Acid Slime and may or may not additionally have a special color and descriptive hue. Although viciously aggressive and employing Magery, the slimes are nearly impervious to damage and give karma loss when slain, but do no damage despite attacking and poisoning players. The slimes are quite nimble and hard to keep up with.
The location of the acid slime spawn changes daily and the location varies by shard.
- (Incomplete, please add more!)
- Fire Dungeon - Dungeon in Felucca
- Hedge Maze - Giant maze and wizard tower of Relvinian, southwest of Britain
- Doom - Dungeon in Malas
- Exodus Dungeon - Dungeon in Ilshenar
- Shrine of Chaos - Anti-Virtue Shrine in Felucca
- Fan Dancer Dojo - Dungeon in Tokuno Islands
- Yomotsu Mines - Dungeon in Tokuno Islands
- West Britain Farms - Farming area west of Britain
The easiest way to use them to dye certain items(or fill specimen basins for the Pursuit quest) is to wait til they are cornered or when they pause from their flight to attack. At that point, double-click the acid slime and then target a specimen basin to fill it or the artifact or enhanced item to dye it the current color of the slime. Other items, such as exceptionally crafted or unenhanced equipment and Spring Cleaning 2008 armor set items cannot be dyed.