The following is a list of changes deployed as Publish 36 on September 22, 2005.
- Added 8 new Anniversary Items:
- Helm of Spirituality (part of the Virtue Armor set)
- Gauntlets of Valor (part of the Virtue Armor set)
- Dupre’s Shield
- Fountain of Life (House Add-On that creates enhanced banadages)
- Dawn’s Music Box
- Ossian Grimoire (Necro Spellbook with Increased Karma Loss)
- Talismans of the Fey (Requires Mondain’s Legacy to use)
- Quiver of Infinity (Quiver with Lower ammo cost that requires Mondain’s Legacy to use)
- Added Blue Soulstones (that work just like Green Soulstones)
Changes / Additions
- Added a new Archery property called Lower Ammo Cost. Currently this property only exists on the “Quiver of Infinity”. Based on a player’s archery skill, lower ammo cost will give a player a % chance to not use up an arrow during an archery attack.
- Added a new property called Increased Karma Loss which grants higher karma loss for casting Necromancy spells.
- Added Enhanced Bandages that are made from the Fountain of Life, which are like normal bandages but can heal more hit points.
- Added special common, uncommon, and rare gears that allow players to add new songs to their Dawn’s Music Box
- Made a change to Peerless bosses so that if they are spawned and no one enters the boss area within 10 minutes, they will de-spawn. Also made it so that Peerless bosses will now de-spawn if all players (including ghosts) have left their fight region.
- Peerless boss entrance containers will now display a message if a fight is currently in progress
- Discordance is now less effective on Peerless bosses
- Changed the base damage and speed of the ornate axe. DPS is now slightly higher but this avoids some of the special move deadly combinations the previous base damages were causing.
- Added a pole to hold up the sign at the entrance to the Prism of Light.
- Added a new 8th Age splash screen for registered players
- Murderers can now enter the portal to Heartwood on shards running the Siege or Mugen ruleset
- Dark Guardian, Lich Lord, and Lady of the Snow now casts fewer types of Necro spells
- Dark Guardians now give slightly more loot than before
- Lowered the intensities on certain items received in some quest reward Satchels
- The Ninjitsu Animal Form gump now uses the same type of gump that Polymorph uses
- Players can now equip all types of spellbooks
- Removed trees that were sticking through a few player’s houses in Yew
- Fixed an issue where arrow recovery was not working in some cases for players that did not have a quiver equipped
- Fixed an issue with Elven Armoires where they would become unopenable after using the House Decoration Tool to rotate them
- Older boards should now stack with newer boards (of the same wood type)
- Fixed an issue where trading a house with 20% extra capacity that was full of secured items to a non-entitled player placed some items outside of the house instead of in the relocation crate.
- Humans without Mondain's Legacy entitlement that use a hairstyle deed are no longer offered elven hairstyles. They will now only be offered the human hairstyles.
- Froze Lefty the Prism of Light entrance quest giver so that he can’t get stuck in the pit staircase into the dungeon
- Players can no longer use Spellweaving scrolls that are on the ground
- Fixed issue where not enough Gore Fiends were spawning in Bedlam. This fix allows players to complete the Convince Me Quest more easily
- Fixed an issue where the Big Worm Quest was asking players to kill a non-existent mob (ice worms), quest now asks you to kill Giant Ice Serpents
- Fixed an issue where not enough Baubles were spawning to allow multiple players to complete Arielle’s Quest at a time
- Now both purchased and crafted tools count towards the Necessity's Mother Quest
- The Library Community Collections Reward "Necromantic Reading Glasses” no longer has a random value for durability, it will now have 255 durability
- Fixed an issue where the Orc Brute, summoned by the Library Talisman ~a grammer of orcish (summoner), was attacking and being attacked by town guards.
- Changed the talisman named “Talisman of Revenant Lion Summoning” to “Talisman of Ant Lion Summoning” because the talisman summons an Ant Lion, not a Revenant Lion
- Added a gate to make it easier to get off the Labyrinth Island.
- Restricted ghosts from being able to enter the Bedlam library to prevent players from getting stuck if they resurrected inside
- Changed hue of Crystal Lattice Seekers and Crystal Sea Serpents so their corpse properties won’t say they are made of frostwood
- Now when players mouse-over the Arcane Circle Icon (from the Spellweaving Spellbook) it will tell them that the spell is limited to working with people within 20.0 skill points of one another
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t sit on a particular Elven Loveseat in Heartwood
- Fixed spelling error in the Aquarium book
- Braen the Thaumaturgist now offers a quest
- Darius and Nedrick no longer talk to players who are invisible
The following update was deployed on September 23, 2005.
- The 20% extra house storage capacity will now show up correctly for players with Mondain’s Legacy
- Fixed a potential shard crasher
- Fixed an issue where peerless bosses did not always de-spawn correctly in the first 10 minutes when players were not around
- Enhanced bandages now stack correctly with each other when dropped inside of containers
- The Virtue Armor Set can now be repaired
- Fixed an issue where bandages did not display in the fountain gump in 2D Client (requires a client update)
- Added the name of the armor set to the Virtue Armor Set pieces (requires a client update)