The Effusion can be killed solo. When acquiring the keys area peacemaking is an asset.
|Shimmering Effusion Statistics|
|Spawn Locations||Prism of Light|
|Fame||Level 5||Slayer Vulnerability||Fey|
|First Seen||Mondain's Legacy||Pack Instinct||None|
|Special|| Artifacts (Peerless), Statuettes, Shimmering Crystals
, Crimson Cincture
|Barding Difficulty||160.0||Taming Difficulty||N/A|
|Base Damage||Preferred Foods||None|
|Resisting Spells||150.0||Evaluating Intelligence||150.0|
|Chivalry||150||Special Abilities||Spawns Corporeal Brume, Fetid Essence and Mantra Effervescence|
|Resists and Damage|
|Resistances||60 - 80||60 - 80||60 - 80||60 - 80||60 - 80|
- This is not a too difficult fight. Spawns various creatures during the fight. Has a very high magery skill level. Drops Captured Essence, Crystalline Ring, various ingredients, Shimmering Crystals, and more.
- Always kill the summoned creatures first. Especially the Corporeal Brumes take a while to kill and have high physical resists. If you fail to kill the summoned creatures quickly the spawn can get out of hand. Barding skills help a lot. If too many creatures have spawned leave the main room through the red moon gate. Lure the spawn away from the teleporter tile and go back killing the spawn one by one. Beyond the red moon gate there is also an ankh. Be careful with the second moon gate: It leads out of the peerless area and there is no way back.
- Kill Crystal Daemons, Crystal Sea Serpents, Crystal Hydras, Crystal Vortexes, Crystal Lattice Seekers, and Unfrozen Mummy-ies to get 6 Crystal Keys.
Crystal Hydra: Shattered Crystals
Crystal Vortex: Jagged Crystals
- The point at which you exchange the Crystals for the main keys is VERY deep in the dungeon. Demons and mummies have a high key drop rate. Hydras, Vortices and Lattice seekers have their keys less often. Usually the critical key is that of the Crystal Sea Serpents. They are easy to kill but do not have a high key drop rate.
- Some find that a Mystic Mage is the easiest way to farm keys, some doing so in about 20 minutes! (example template: 120 mysticism, 120 imbuing, 120 magery, 120 evalint, 120 mediation, 120 Spellweaving) Keep yourself invised and let the Rising Colossus do all the work. Another good template is a mage bard.
- Do not be confused by the crystals that do not have timers. The untimed crystals are part of a quest and are the base ingredient for crystal dust. They are not Peerless keys.
In the unfrozen mummy room, there are six pillars. Each key must be dropped on the correct pillar, in the proper order. Stand near the middle of the top three pillars and invis. Drop the first three keys in order, and then do the same for the bottom three.
This is the order to drop:
Broken, Crushed, Pieces
Scattered, Jagged, Shattered
You will then be given the keys to enter and fight Shimmering Effusion.
|Shimmering Crystals||Comes in several types and several greenish colors. Ingredient for Crystal Granules.||Common|
|Corporeal Brume Statuette||Decorative. Makes sounds||Uncommon|
|Mantra Effervescence Statuette||Decorative. Makes sounds||Uncommon|
|Fetid Essence Statuette||Decorative. Makes sounds||Uncommon|
|Shimmering Effusion Statuette||Decorative. Makes sounds||Uncommon|
|A Ferret Imprisoned In Crystal||Summons a max skilled pet ferret||Uncommon|
|Crystalline Ring||Magery +20 Focus +20 Hit Point Regen 5 Mana Regen 3 Spell Damage Increase 20%||Rare|
|Captured Essence||Ingredient for Craftable Artifacts||Common|
Each ML peerless will drop 8 mixed items (total) from the following group: