Difference between revisions of "Lady Melisande"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
|specialloot=[[Artifacts (Peerless)]], [[Eternally Corrupt Tree]], [[Crimson Cincture]]
Revision as of 16:52, 31 March 2013
Lady Melisande was once a dryad devoted to a powerful tree in Yew. The swamps destroyed her tree and her lands, cursing her in the process. Her touch upon the land now taints and corrupts.
While Lady Melisande may have lost all her beauty, she is nonetheless extremely formidable. Her power, once used for the good of nature, is now entrenched in the evil that causes her immortal pain. Her spindly fingers clutch at the souls of humans and Elves venturing in her path.
She is vulnerable to the Fey Slayer type weapons, currently of which the only ones available are Pixie Swatter, Ironwood Composite Bow, Wind of Corruption, Fallen Mystic's Spellbook and Defiler of Virtue.
She is vulnerable to physical and fire damage and she is not an easy fight.
|Lady Melisande Statistics|
|Spawn Locations||Blighted Grove|
|Fame||Level 5||Slayer Vulnerability||Fey Slayer|
|First Seen||Mondain's Legacy||Pack Instinct||None|
|Special||Artifacts (Peerless), Eternally Corrupt Tree, Crimson Cincture||Cut Up||None|
|Barding Difficulty||155||Taming Difficulty||N/A|
|Base Damage||11-18||Preferred Foods||None|
|Resisting Spells||117.3||Evaluating Intelligence||117.3|
|Resists and Damage|
- Has an area effect spell which makes her difficult to fight with a melee fighter(i.e Swordsman, Macer, Fencer). This "putrid nausea" attack reduces swing speed by 60, Hit Chance Increase by 60, Defense Chance Increase by 60 and Faster Casting by 5 for 30 seconds, so mages and archers should definitely stand at a distance.
- Has a retinue of several (5) evil satyrs.
- Talks a scary smack talk.
- The Satyrs' discordance ability can severely weaken players, so at the beginning attack cautiously and control the situation. Using Energy Fields in the right places will help keep Lady Melisande at a distance, and allow the satyrs to be killed one by one. In a party with no mages, use other luring techniques.
- BEST TACTIC: Have a Tamer wearing high resist armour with a Cu Sidhe taking damage and Mages try to keep the tamer alive and dispel the revenant if it is summoned. With this tactic she can be defeated by 3 players.
- RICHWARF TACTIC: Use a Tamer(s) with a Greater Dragon(s) as they have a lot more HP. This works better with a tamer mage so s/he can heal with the mage as well. This tactic can be done solo but is harder. It is also thought 3+ tamers will make light work, just remember the more dragons present in the party, the faster Melisande can be defeated.
- Requires a blessing from the Frightened Dryad to enter.
- The Frightened Dryad will ask you to kill 12 Insane Dryads and 1 Saliva.
- Insane Dryads will suddenly appear when you walk close to certain trees in Blighted Grove. It is always the same trees, but it seems to take quite a long time for the Insane Dryads to respawn.
- Saliva is a blue named harpy, hidden inside a 'cave' inside the great tree.
- Do it. She will give you a "Dryad's Blessing," which can be exchanged for the "Dryad's Curse" via the wicker basket near the Frightened Dryad.
- The Dryad's Curse is your main key. Double click it to get you and your party into the Peerless Room and fight Lady Melisande.
|Name||Description||Frequency of Drop|
Melisandes Fermented Wine
|Decorative / explosive (like Greater Exploding Potions)||Very Common, 8 colors|
Eternally Corrupt Tree
|Decorative. Comes in 24 colors||Common|
| Dyes your hair colors that can not be obtained anywhere else. Needs ML to use. Melisande can spawn any of the 26 "special hair dye"s with a hue ID between 1150 and 1175.
Additional information here. Can somebody contact the author to see if we can copy the information?
An albino squirrel imprisoned in a crystal
|Pure white Squirrel||Uncommon|
Melisande's Corroded Hatchet
|+5 Lumberjacking (no bonus over 100)||Rare|
|Ingredient for Craftable Artifacts||Common|
Each ML peerless will drop 8 mixed items (total) from the following group: