UOGuide:UO News Archives/2008
- 1 December 19, 2008
- 2 December 18, 2008
- 3 December 12, 2008
- 4 December 5, 2008
- 5 November 21, 2008
- 6 November 14, 2008
- 7 November 7, 2008
- 8 November 6, 2008
- 9 November 5, 2008
- 10 October 31, 2008
- 11 October 29, 2008
- 12 October 27, 2008
- 13 October 24, 2008
- 14 October 21, 2008
- 15 October 10, 2008
- 16 October 3, 2008
- 17 September 26, 2008
- 18 September 25, 2008
- 19 September 19, 2008
- 20 September 12, 2008
- 21 September 11, 2008
- 22 Septemeber 10, 2008
- 23 September 9, 2008
- 24 September 8, 2008
- 25 September 5, 2008
- 26 August 28, 2008
- 27 August 22, 2008
- 28 August 15, 2008
- 29 August 8, 2008
- 30 August 1, 2008
- 31 July 24, 2008
- 32 July 18, 2008
- 33 July 16, 2008
- 34 July 14, 2008
- 35 July 13, 2008
- 36 July 11, 2008
- 37 July 10, 2008
- 38 July 9, 2008
- 39 July 7, 2008
- 40 July 3, 2008
- 41 July 2, 2008
- 42 July 1, 2008
- 43 June 30, 2008
- 44 June 27, 2008
- 45 June 25, 2008
- 46 June 23, 2008
- 47 June 20, 2008
- 48 June 13, 2008
- 49 June 10, 2008
- 50 June 9, 2008
- 51 June 6, 2008
- 52 June 5, 2008
- 53 June 4, 2008
- 54 May 30, 2008
- 55 May 29, 2008
- 56 May 28, 2008
- 57 May 23, 2008
- 58 May 16, 2008
- 59 May 13, 2008
- 60 May 9, 2008
- 61 May 8, 2008
- 62 May 7, 2008
- 63 May 6, 2008
- 64 May 5, 2008
- 65 May 2, 2008
- 66 May 1, 2008
- 67 April 30, 2008
- 68 April 28, 2008
- 69 April 25, 2008
- 70 April 24, 2008
- 71 April 14, 2008
- 72 April 11, 2008
- 73 April 4, 2008
- 74 April 3, 2008
- 75 April 2, 2008
- 76 April 4, 2008
- 77 March 30, 2008
- 78 March 29, 2008
- 79 March 28, 2008
- 80 March 27, 2008
- 81 March 26, 2008
- 82 March 21, 2008
- 83 March 20, 2008
- 84 March 19, 2008
- 85 March 14, 2008
- 86 March 7, 2008
- 87 February 29, 2008
- 88 February 22, 2008
- 89 February 19, 2008
- 90 February 18, 2008
- 91 February 15, 2008
- 92 February 14, 2008
- 93 February 12, 2008
- 94 February 11, 2008
- 95 February 8, 2008
- 96 February 7, 2008
- 97 February 5, 2008
- 98 February 2, 2008
- 99 February 1, 2008
- 100 January 31, 2008
- 101 January 25, 2008
- 102 January 23, 2008
- 103 January 18, 2008
- 104 See Also
This page lists all the news that have been on the UO News section in the year 2008, in reverse chronological order by the date they're posted.
December 19, 2008
- Five on Friday - "Event Moderators and Icy Patches" - The list of new EMs, hints for the Slime Event, a bug with Powerscrolls, a bug with Icy Patches, info on moving config files, info on balancing, update on speech/emote color bug, meeting EMs, and assorted Fansite News.
December 18, 2008
- Publish 57 is now live on all shards and includes new stealables for thieves, Champion Spawn Artifacts and Scroll of Transcendence drops at Champion Spawns, Holiday 2008 gifts, Lumber skill requirement changes for Carpentry, the Pursuit quest related to Acid Slimes and several bug fixes.
- The Bank Rennovation Contest has been announced - a winner on each shard will have West Britain Bank decorated to match their submission as well as a commemorative plaque placed on the bank with their name.
December 12, 2008
- Publish 57 has been placed on the Test Center shard with substantial new content and bug fixes available for public testing.
- A Development Letter to players has been posted going over the future, event moderators and recent lag issues.
- The development letter has replaced the Five on Friday for this week
December 5, 2008
- Five on Friday - "Bandaids and Thieves" - New content glimpsed for Thieves, hints on upcoming Factions refinements, info on Harrower and Replica drops, Gardening and Holiday 2008 gift notes, and assorted Fansite News.
November 21, 2008
- Five on Friday - "Skill Caps and Braziers" - Update on re-deeding issues with vet rewards, dead pet targetting issue, udpate on the EM program, Concussion Blow change, an open-ended answer to the skill cap debate, and assorted Fansite News.
November 14, 2008
- Five on Friday - "OSI and Holiday Gifts" - Answers on OSI-owned Housing, Veteran Rewards and a few bugs, reminder on upcoming Holiday 2008 gifts, and assorted Fansite news.
November 7, 2008
- Five on Friday - "Blessed Spellbooks & More" - Answers regarding a number of bugs and Lag, Event Moderators and request for questions.
November 6, 2008
- Applications are now being accepted for 26 new Event Moderators.
- All shards have been published with another Update to Publish 56
November 5, 2008
- New BNN Article: BNN: I'd Like a Drink If You Don't Mind
October 31, 2008
- UO now finds itself without a dedicated Community Manager.
- New BNN Article: BNN: Mistress of Darkness
- The War of Shadows is ramping up over the weekend with multiple city invasions in Trammel.
October 29, 2008
- Publish 56 has been released to all shards and includes Halloween 2008, big changes for Factions, new stackables and the next chapter in the Warriors of Destiny saga - War of Shadows.
October 27, 2008
- Publish 56 has been released to the Origin shard and includes Halloween 2008, big changes for Factions and the next chapter in the Warriors of Destiny saga - War of Shadows.
- Keep checking UO Guide for updates on new items, quests and events, or better yet, be the first to contribute some of your discoveries!
October 24, 2008
- Five on Friday - "Mystic Insight" - Loads of new info on Mysticism and Imbuing, Publish 56 tidbits and assorted Fansite news.
- Additionally, Client Patches have been released:
October 21, 2008
October 10, 2008
- Five on Friday - "Fifty-six Forever" - More info on stat/skill caps in Stygian Abyss, Publish 56 status and fix updates, news on Factions and assorted Fansite news.
October 3, 2008
- Five on Friday - "Party On" - Publish 56 preview of Bug Fixs, Jewelry/Form-Changing Spell change of new Factions rewards and items, additional items to stack and assorted Fansite news.
September 26, 2008
- Five on Friday - "Happy Birthday!" - Some updates on plants and the Naturalist Quest, notes on Publish 56 and assorted Fansite news.
September 25, 2008
September 19, 2008
- Five on Friday - "Far Away" - New plant colors and new stackables discussed, as well a few upcoming bug fixes and a challenge to find out what, if anything, is wrong with Archery.
September 12, 2008
- Five on Friday - Storm Coming - Gargoyle/Human/Elf armor conversion, Quiver of Rage chameleon bug, Disarm against shields, Ankh of Sacrifice clarification, Pepta the Royal Taste-Tester, the Collectioner Quest on Siege, Account Age reminder, Publish 56 update, Fansite News
September 11, 2008
- Minor fix re-enabling guard zones in some areas made to all shards.
- Homes recently placed in those areas will be destroyed with all contents Monday, September 15, 2008.
- Players with such homes are advised to collapse them and relocate immediately.
Septemeber 10, 2008
- Publish 55 is being released worldwide and includes:
- UO Town Hall in Austin, TX on 9/13/2008 has been Cancelled due to Hurricane Ike.
September 9, 2008
- UO:Stygian Abyss, the upcoming expansion, now has an official website, including information on the new playable Gargoyle Race:
September 8, 2008
- Publish 55 is now on the Origin shard, including new Veteran Rewards and new plants to grow with Gardening. All other shards to follow soon.
- Client Patches released in support of Publish 55:
September 5, 2008
- Five on Friday - Goodness Gracious - September 5, 2008 - Info on Stygian Abyss, new Veteran Rewards, Swamp Dragon Barding, Austin UO Town Hall and Fansite News.
- Changes for Publish 55 have been announced
- The Stygian Abyss expansion has been re-announced with many more details.
August 28, 2008
- Five on Friday - Almost There! - August 28 - A deferment to the Town Hall for serious Q&A, a request from QA on guarding pets, a run-down on Publish 55, Town Hall News, Fansite News
August 22, 2008
- Five on Friday - Anticipation is Good for You - August 22 - Red healers in Felucca, linking to websites in UO, Thieves' Guild bug update, QA request for plant bugs, Town Hall News, Fansite News
August 15, 2008
- Five on Friday - Green Things Growing - August 15 - How to get Shadow/Crystal tokens, Compassion vs. New Haven Escorts, clarification on bonded pack animals, Thieves' Guild bug update, a set of Q&A on the new plants, an intriguing UO job listing, timeline for Publish 55 (now with more Publish 56!), Town Hall News, Fansite News
August 8, 2008
- Five on Friday - Parrying and Potting - August 8 - Parrying vs. GGS, update on the recent lockdown change, clarification of the Arcane Focus "bug", good news for Siege Perilous concerning ROT, two-week warning on the Spring Cleaning turn-in, an intriguing UO job listing, timeline for Publish 55, Town Hall News, Fansite News
August 1, 2008
- Five on Friday - Home Again - August 1 - Melissa's loot table, info on the upcoming new seeds, an update on fixed exploits, a request from QA concerning the Thieves' Guild, an intriguing UO job listing, timeline for events and Publish 55, Town Hall News, Fansite News
July 24, 2008
- Five on Friday - Sunny California - July 24 - An apology for a lack of questions, an intriguing UO job listing, hints at info to come out at the Town Hall, confirmation that Publish 55 is coming, Town Hall News, Fansite News
July 18, 2008
- Five on Friday - Dark Doings - July 18 - Info on resist-altering spells, update on Character Transfers, update on Account Ages, an intriguing UO job listing, foreshadowing of upcoming events, Townhall News, Fansite News
July 16, 2008
- All shards have been published with an update to Publish 54.
July 14, 2008
- Apparently, stacked mouseholes are dimensionally unstable
July 13, 2008
- Royal Council Massacre will contain all information about the current event (eventually)
July 11, 2008
- The Royal Council has been murdered! See Jasper the Inspector to help with the investigation.
- BNN Article: Hope for the Future
- Five on Friday - Not Really the Five on Friday - July 11 - Updated Publish 54 patch notes, known issue with aggressive pets, info about Robert Mull, Fansite News
July 10, 2008
July 9, 2008
July 7, 2008
- The Europa server has been having some difficulties
July 3, 2008
- Five on Friday - Far, Far Away - July 3 - Account age update, details on removing OSI-owned houses, faction blocking rules, possibility of upcoming 10th year veteran rewards, QA reminder about Publish 54, publish rollout timeline, Townhall News, Fansite News
July 2, 2008
- 2D Client Patch: 22.214.171.124 (to fix bugs introduced in 126.96.36.199)
- KR Client Patch: 188.8.131.52
- 2D Client Patch: 184.108.40.206
- Origin is getting Publish 54
- TC 1 has been updated
July 1, 2008
- The call goes out for help in documenting OSI-owned houses so that they may be destroyed
June 30, 2008
- After some server-crashing bugs, the Strangers have been fixed and will be returning tomorrow
- Character Transfers Unavailable
June 27, 2008
- BNN Article: Valvakka
- Five on Friday - This n That - June 27 - Details on monster Curse fix, a possible rethink of the upcoming Scout Armor, Remove Curse chances, Playguide Update, update on Publish 54's timeline, Townhall News, Fansite News
June 25, 2008
- BNN Article: A Short Time Ago
- The Six are Coming!
- Test Center 1 has been updated with the first round of Publish 54 changes
June 23, 2008
June 20, 2008
- Five on Friday - Happy Solstice! - June 20 - Zoo decay rate info, confirmation of a Spring Cleaning Phase III, news of a fix for Spring Cleaning deeded rewards, tentative time frame for Spring Cleaning ending, a bug warning, Playguide Updates, some info on Publish 54, Townhall News, Fansite News
June 13, 2008
- Five on Friday - It's Hot! - June 13 - Dark Father teleportation clarification, "mysterious stranger" timetable, pinning down the t-map turn-in bug, a warning on house resizing, Playguide Updates, update on Publish 54, Townhall News, Fansite News
June 10, 2008
June 9, 2008
- Publish 53 will be deployed to all shards by tomorrow.
June 6, 2008
- Five on Friday - Details, Details - June 6 - Phase 2 turn-in location, house resizing details, virtue artifact turn-in clarification, flour mill bug warning, Playguide updates, Publish 53 status, Townhall News, Fansite News
June 5, 2008
- Catskills: A large player run event entitled The Pirate Conspiracy is beginning on June 21.
June 4, 2008
- Publish 53 has been deployed to Origin.
May 30, 2008
- Five on Friday - Housecleaning - May 30 - Dread Warhorse stats vs. the stables, artifact turn-in points, turning in SoS's and MiB's, "holiday gift" turn-in run-down, Potted Cactus followup, correction to Pub53 notes, QA request for greater dragon info, Publish 53 timeline, Townhall News, Fansite News
May 29, 2008
- New BNN Article: Andrew
May 28, 2008
- 2D Client Patch: 220.127.116.11
- KR Client Patch: 18.104.22.168
- Test Center 1 has been updated for testing of Publish 53
May 23, 2008
- Five on Friday - A Patch Note Preview - May 23 - Preview of Publish 53 turn-ins and bug fixes, a promise to look into IDoCs, timeline for Publish 53, Townhall News
May 16, 2008
- Five on Friday - Curses! - May 16 - Monsters teleporting into private homes, monster curse spell bug, focus group update, tentative timetable and hints on Publish 53, Fansite News, Townhall News
May 13, 2008
- Stratics has setup some temporary forums until the main ones are recovered.
- The development team is setting up a new focus group on PvP, PvM, and combat in general. The first batch of invites has been sent out.
May 9, 2008
- Five on Friday - The Vanguard Approaches - May 9 - More Paroxymus Swamp Dragon info, duped Vine Cord Sandal info, Focus Group info, Escort Bug update, UO:R client clarification, timetable for Publish 53, Fansite News, final invite for tomorrow's Town Hall Meeting
May 8, 2008
- Owners of duped Vine Cord Sandals have suddenly had a rude awakening with theirs being turned into normal sandals.
May 7, 2008
- The dev team is gearing up for a new focus group on PvP, PvM, and combat in general
May 6, 2008
- Publish 52 is live on all shards.
May 5, 2008
May 2, 2008
- Five on Friday - Happy Birthday! - May 2 - Quest item order, UO Registration issues, account age update fix, request for escort bug info, request for Renaissance users, info on Publish 52 and upcoming War of Shadows events, Fansite News, Townhall News, and a special announcement.
May 1, 2008
- Test Center is getting some more fixes
- The new IDoC changes are being tested on Test Center
- Origin is getting Publish 52
April 30, 2008
- Test Center is being updated again
April 28, 2008
- New 2D Client Patch: 22.214.171.124
- New KR Client Patch: 126.96.36.199
- Test Center has been updated with the previously mentioned Publish 52 fixes
April 25, 2008
- Five on Friday - Publish 52 Is Coming! - April 25 - How the turn-in will work and reward images, low down on why Threads of Fate/Life and Cloaks of Corruption weren't on the turn-in list, Cloak of Corruption attributes, delayed exploit fixes, event advancement, Playguide updates, and Town Hall News.
April 24, 2008
- Upcoming patch info, with some details regarding Factions and the turn-in
April 14, 2008
- Siege Perilous has been having some issues
April 11, 2008
- Draconi talks about Publish 52 and upcoming events
- EA's Directory of Community Relations talks a little about UO's future (without, of course, revealing any useful information...yet)
April 4, 2008
- All shards to be published with some new event content
April 3, 2008
- New BNN Article: Military Arrives in Moonglow
April 2, 2008
- New BNN Article: Blackrock Detector Fails! Mages Reported Missing!
April 4, 2008
- Five on Friday - That Time Again - April 4 - Weapon leeches, mining & ore zones, Seige/Mugen Rate over Time skillgain, Spirit Speak error messages, info on upcoming events and publishes, Fansite news, and a request for submissions.
March 30, 2008
- The Blackrock Detector event has moved to Phase II.
March 29, 2008
- Several Items (eg. Planesword, Planeshield and Thread of Life) were was introduced during the activation of the Blackrock Detector.
March 28, 2008
- Five on Friday - Time's Passing - March 28 - Info on daily rares problems, faction sigil reset time, the demise of rubble coconut trees, pet command problems, info on upcoming events and publishes, Fansite news
March 27, 2008
- Arch Cure has been found to have some curious new properties
- Info about this weekend's event has now been released
- New BNN Article: Blackrock Detector to be Unveiled!
- Some servers went down to republish Publish 51. They should all be back up now.
- The secrets of the new threat in Doom have been revealed
March 26, 2008
- Rumors abound of a new threat in dungeon Doom
- Publish 51 will be active on all shards starting tomorrow
March 21, 2008
- Test Center 1 has been updated again with some fixes to the updates which were put up on the 19th
- Five on Friday - Prickly Publishes - March 21 - Insured items on vendors, repeal of the Arch Cure nerf, Essence of Wind info, updates on upcoming housing and factions fixes, timeline for Publish 51, Fansite News
March 20, 2008
March 19, 2008
- Test Center 1 has been updated with the tentative changes coming in Publish 51, including a controversial change to Arch Cure
March 14, 2008
- Five on Friday - Antsy with Anticipation - March 14 - Hats and runic kits, hats as monster loot, monster stat chances, runic intensity chances, NPC and player barding difficulty, updates on
March 7, 2008
- Five on Friday - Triple Digits - March 7 - Discord skill decrease stacking, Wood spawn rates, pet skill loss from Paralyze during taming, update on stable slots, updates on the fixes for the next publish, Fansite News
February 29, 2008
- Five on Friday - Fiddly Bits - February 29 - Archery accuracy, HLA v. HCI and HLD v. DCI, colored ore chance roll, enhancement success chances for various materials, Perfection details, info on upcoming bug fixes, Jax Town Hall reminder
February 22, 2008
- Five on Friday - Asked and Answered - February 22 - Discord and skill gain, recharging Jacob's Pickaxe, hidden pet skills, Talisman crafting bonuses, upcoming Town Halls, Playguide updates, details on next publish
February 19, 2008
- 2D Client Patch 188.8.131.52 released
- An update to Publish 50 is prepared to go out during next regular maintenance.
February 18, 2008
- A special Valentines Scavenger Hunt is being run on all shards, for details and the schedule seehere
February 15, 2008
- Five on Friday - What a Week! - February 15 - Item property chance weights from runic tools, vendor commodity prices, life/mana leech runic intensity ranges, exploding scripter houses, jwilson slimes, Playguide updates, Event, Town Hall, and Fansite news
February 14, 2008
February 12, 2008
- Houses of known scripters have begun mysteriously bursting into flames.
February 11, 2008
- The next UOHOC developer chat will be on Tuesday February 12 at 7PM Eastern
- Publish 50 is planned for release before Valentines Day
February 8, 2008
- Five on Friday - Spring Has Sprung! Feburary 8 - Summon Fey mana cost, 0% chance for exceptional on craftable minor artifacts, on-hit spell damage calculation, Cure and Arch Cure cure chance formulas, KR cloud removal, Playguide fixes, Town Hall info
February 7, 2008
- The next publish changes have been posted
- 2D Client Patch 184.108.40.206 and KR Client Patch 220.127.116.11 have been released
February 5, 2008
- New UO Development Manager Cal has posted a letter introducing himself. He talks about what his job is, history with UO, and other things.
- UO Developer Draconi has posted a letter from the UO Live Team. It goes over future goals and introduces new members.
February 2, 2008
- The results for a holiday custom house contest have been announced on Japanese shards, see here and here
February 1, 2008
- Five on Friday - Finally Friday Feburary 1 - Quiver damage, Wraith Form leeching, special wood properties and UO.com playguide updates
January 31, 2008
- The next publish should be hitting Test Center on February 7. See In Development page for more details.
January 25, 2008
- Five on Friday - Fletching, Finally January 25 - Enhanced bandage redux, runic saw/fletcher tools intensities, Chivalry spell durations, Jack-of-all-Trades vs. Parry+Bushido, and details on the next patch/publish.
January 23, 2008
- European Shards are going down for unscheduled maintenance at 7PM Eastern. Expected downtime is 1 hour.
- The UO team is looking to hire additional programmers. If you live near Fairfax, Virgina here is your chance to help improve UO.
- A small update has been published to all shards related to backing up characters
January 18, 2008
- Five on Friday - Fearsome Frailty January 18 - Necro/Spellweaving bonuses, HCI/DCI on monsters, Concussion Blow, Blackrock Elementals, profession titles
- UOGuide:UO_News_Archives - full news archive